Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Pre 40's Stetson Western

Still looking, just not for one like this. No point in naming the member who dm'd me offering this.

1651692909656.png

1651692971609.png

This will be the last time I bump this thread. The only interest it seems to draw is from nitwits and scammers. @Walker.pinkman has already bit the dust due to scam attempts on other members and I guess he was attempting to scam me but it was laughable at best but otherwise just stupid.

This latest one shows a little more imagination but not a lot.

On 06/11 I was DM'd by a newbie, (first flag) @justing who suggested I contact dan_whitnney@aol.com (second flag) as he had what I was looking for.

I contacted "Dan" and long story short it didn't take long to figure out it was all BS but I was bored and sometimes people like this remind me of why I sometimes miss work; crooks, in general, are dummies. Dan and I went back and forth over several emails, discussing everything related to a vintage hat purchase including his agreement to ship the hat from Allen, TX. Dan even went on to tell me the hat was a gift from his son but he was 76 yoa and needed the money for an upcoming surgery. (too many flags to count)

Anyway, I couldn't stop at this point and asked for detailed pics and this is what I was sent.
1655218514106.png

1655218597570.png

1655218651598.png

More flags. The hat pics are from a 2009 post from @feltfan and the sweat label is from another hat. The proper sweat and liner are this. I've drooled over this hat for years.
1655219475697.png

I went back and forth with "Dan" and justing for a bit, just for entertainment purposes but when Dan didn't send the promised photos of the hat along with the current date and my name written on a paper with the hat, my disappointment was overwhelming and I was compelled to offer Dan the following:
https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm...-941-18-usc-1343-elements-wire-fraud#:~:text=(the%20four%20essential%20elements%20of,foreseeable%20that%20interstate%20wire%20communications

Now, I'm not naive enough to believe the feds would pick up a case such as this. Just not enough money involved but it seems to be happening here more often as it is elsewhere.

I'll tag Rusty @RBH here so the bartenders are aware of it.

This will be the last time I bump this thread. The only interest it seems to draw is from nitwits and scammers. @Walker.pinkman has already bit the dust due to scam attempts on other members and I guess he was attempting to scam me but it was laughable at best but otherwise just stupid.

This latest one shows a little more imagination but not a lot.

On 06/11 I was DM'd by a newbie, (first flag) @justing who suggested I contact dan_whitnney@aol.com (second flag) as he had what I was looking for.

I contacted "Dan" and long story short it didn't take long to figure out it was all BS but I was bored and sometimes people like this remind me of why I sometimes miss work; crooks, in general, are dummies. Dan and I went back and forth over several emails, discussing everything related to a vintage hat purchase including his agreement to ship the hat from Allen, TX. Dan even went on to tell me the hat was a gift from his son but he was 76 yoa and needed the money for an upcoming surgery. (too many flags to count)

Anyway, I couldn't stop at this point and asked for detailed pics and this is what I was sent.
View attachment 432990
View attachment 432991

View attachment 432993
More flags. The hat pics are from a 2009 post from @feltfan and the sweat label is from another hat. The proper sweat and liner are this. I've drooled over this hat for years.
View attachment 432994
I went back and forth with "Dan" and justing for a bit, just for entertainment purposes but when Dan didn't send the promised photos of the hat along with the current date and my name written on a paper with the hat, my disappointment was overwhelming and I was compelled to offer Dan the following:
https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm...-941-18-usc-1343-elements-wire-fraud#:~:text=(the%20four%20essential%20elements%20of,foreseeable%20that%20interstate%20wire%20communications

Now, I'm not naive enough to believe the feds would pick up a case such as this. Just not enough money involved but it seems to be happening here more often as it is elsewhere.

I'll tag Rusty @RBH here so the bartenders are aware of it.
Thanks for the follow up post BB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112