Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Stetson Stratoliner 7 1/2

Dcastillo

New in Town
Looking to buy a Stetson Stratoliner or open road 7 1/2 in a tan light brown color, good condition, would like to stay under or around the $200 range, any leads would be great, thanks gents!!

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Prices on size 7 1/2 in particular have spiked in the last year or so. I've seen maybe one go this low and it had a sweatband that was completely shot. Any of the named Stetson's Stratoliner, Whippet, Playboy are fetching very high prices right now. I've seen a couple of Whippets go north of $500. Patience is key and combing ebay, etsy every hour day and night. People that might be willing to sell in this size are likely to expect big $.

Still, it doesn't hurt to ask.

This is a long way of saying I agree with HT, I think if you offer $350 one or two might be tempted out of the wood work.

Last edited:

Dcastillo

New in Town
Ya it doesn't have to be perfect, I like old hats with character, we have a shop here in Orange, CA called Joyride Vintage, they specialize in blocking, cleaning, shaping and restoration, as long as the felt is in good condition that's all I really care about...thank you for the advise tommyK! I will be hunting on eBay and etsy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TomS

One Too Many
I don't know if this helps, but Art Fawcett can do a perfect clone for about 275.00. It wont be beaver felt, but that's ok :)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Looking to buy a Stetson Stratoliner 7 1/2 in a tan light brown color, good condition, would like to stay under or around the $200 range, any leads would be great, thanks gents!!

they are out there ... but in that price range ... unless you get lucky ....you are probably looking at some sort of serious damage
separated sweat , or stains, or mothing etc etc
possibly all of the above

good luck

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
How do they compare to the modern Stetson stratoliners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For 250 it would be bunny felt but I LOVE Black Sheep hat works hats and Art has a devoted following. Bob's felts are amazing to the touch and someone else can attest to Art's because I do not own one

rogerstg

A-List Customer
Here you go for $225 shipped: Premier Srat

TFPSTRB12241973-Stetson-Hats-Cornhill_225x225.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Excellent suggestion Roger, Delmonicos has a great rep, plus there is a coupon on the site.
I would avoid the regular/cheaper version. i don't like it.
OP look at some of MoontheLoon threads on this hat, from what i see the Premier is what you want to buy

ingineer

One Too Many
Opps sorry, you are right. but i suppose this in between and in the OP's budget.
can never grasp Stetson's grading, seems to be purposely confusing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24