Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Suede Trucker/Type 3 Size 42

mvilla

A-List Customer
I think the problem with most newer versions of the Type 3 is that Gap/BR/Eddie Bauer/etc. inevitably make the body way too long and wide in the waist...maybe in an effort to fit as many customers as possible. The earlier Type 3s were typically shorter and tapered in tighter at the waist- and I think they had a much better look because of it.
This one measured about 24in of back length... Don't think it's too long on the back. It has a 2in front drop, though... So the front might look too long

20230608_184442~2.jpg

Al 916

One Too Many
Yeah, I've been looking at the Gap Suede jackets. I'd be interested to hear more comments from anyone who has owned one. I've been holding back on the Gap suede jackets, solely based on the fact that they're made in China...but maybe they would work...the price is right.
Certainly the leather one I have and others I have seen are very good for the price.

technovox

One Too Many
Nice! But a little too much in the orange hue for me, already have something similar..looking for more of a sand color. Johnson Leathers did a nice fitting variation of a Type 3 (in a horsehide) for me a while back, and very reasonable. And I always get compliments from strangers on it, whenever I wear it. So if I can't find anything, I'll go that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran