Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: The Real Mccoys '1st Model' M65 Field Jacket.

greenbreeze

New in Town
I was saving for it but somebody purchased the last one in my size (Small) about 2 months ago.

Model MJ17010 in the catalogue. It has no epaulettes and is a more green color.

If anybody has one that isn't getting any use, it would be going to a good home. I don't often spend this kind of money on jackets so when I do it gets heavy rotation.

Thank you!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
What about an original? The M65 is not very hard to find. I got one M51 in mint condition in eBay for sub $200 US dollars. Good luck with your search.

greenbreeze

New in Town
The original can be found but I prefer the reproduction. The only originals I can find are not in the size I'm looking for. The S Real Mccoys is 20" or so across the chest. The same size for originals is 22". None of them that I find are the 20" (XS) size.

I would accept an original in decent quality that is around that size but I love the color of TRM.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
The original can be found but I prefer the reproduction. The only originals I can find are not in the size I'm looking for. The S Real Mccoys is 20" or so across the chest. The same size for originals is 22". None of them that I find are the 20" (XS) size.

I would accept an original in decent quality that is around that size but I love the color of TRM.

A word of caution. I do have the ”1st Model” (it’s gorgeous, by the way). It’s not pre-shrunk (other than RMCs standard model), so you can expect ca. 0,5“ of shrinkage after the first wash. Apologies for me chiming in if you already factored that in.

greenbreeze

New in Town
A word of caution. I do have the ”1st Model” (it’s gorgeous, by the way). It’s not pre-shrunk (other than RMCs standard model), so you can expect ca. 0,5“ of shrinkage after the first wash. Apologies for me chiming in if you already factored that in.
I would probably be handwashing it with tap water and air drying for minimal shrinkage. Thank you for notifying me of that though!

greenbreeze

New in Town
Bump! Looking at getting the medium size too so if you want to get rid of one please just message me with measurements, thank you!

tboneyeah2022

New in Town
Bump! Looking at getting the medium size too so if you want to get rid of one please just message me with measurements, thank you!
You may also want to check out Bronson Manufacturing. They make great reproductions of military clothing. I own their 1969 Army Jungle Shirt, M42 Paratrooper, M43, M51, and an N1 Deck Jacket. I also have several of their t-shirts, which are heavy and robust.

They make a 1st Model M65 that is in stock right now. Sizes Small through Extra Large. They even list the measurements for each size. I can’t recommend them enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana