Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Vanson Commando leather jacket (size XS) or Fine Creek Leon (size 40)

mjunderw00d

Familiar Face
Been looking to find one in XS, but easier said than done. I’ve only seen one for sale (over on Grailed), and the measurements of that jacket are smaller than the stock specs listed online.

ButterScotch, a stockist, said they only sell them MTO, but it’s not currently an option while Vanson sorts out some leather production issues.

If anyone is looking to move on from their own, please let me know!

I’d also be interested in a Fine Creek Leon size 40, if I can’t get a Commando.

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
been trying to find these too but not even sure I know what size to buy when I do find one LOL. The butterscotch tri colab seems to be a lot bigger than just the usual left field collab of the Commando.

There's currently a Small in the Butterscotch on Ebay, and Medium of the Left Field. But are priced way crazy. They've sold on here for like $600, and over there it's more than double.

mjunderw00d

Familiar Face
Yeah they seem to hold value quite well, but those prices are definitely high.

there is a guy on Poshmark selling a size Small of the ButterScotch currently. It’s too big for me. He’s not sure if he’s going to sell it or keep it, but if you’re a small, go check it out.

You mention the ButterScotch ones running larger than the regular Left Field model. That’s strange, as the measurements on both LF and BS sites are identical... Except for the LF horse hide model, which definitely is sized differently.

Have you come across ones in your searches where the sizing was different between the LF and BS models? Because it just happened to me — an LF model in XS on Grailed currently, but the chest is 1.5” smaller than what LF has on their site... Makes it confusing haha

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Yeah they seem to hold value quite well, but those prices are definitely high.

there is a guy on Poshmark selling a size Small of the ButterScotch currently. It’s too big for me. He’s not sure if he’s going to sell it or keep it, but if you’re a small, go check it out.

You mention the ButterScotch ones running larger than the regular Left Field model. That’s strange, as the measurements on both LF and BS sites are identical... Except for the LF horse hide model, which definitely is sized differently.

Have you come across ones in your searches where the sizing was different between the LF and BS models? Because it just happened to me — an LF model in XS on Grailed currently, but the chest is 1.5” smaller than what LF has on their site... Makes it confusing haha
Those tags can mislead, the real comment i wanted to make is that places like grailed, poshmark..bay, they always have sellers who measure wrong. What i always do is send them a pic of me measuring a jackets pit 2 pit correctly, then ask them to measure the one for sell just like im doing mine, an ask for them for a pic. I find it tells the truth a lot better than a bunch of questions

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
ah, you're right. The Horween version has different sizing than the regular one. Although there's misleading info as to whether the usual Commando is comp weight or the firenze leather (z150 I think)? That obviously will make a big difference on the fit because you can go a little tighter with the lighter weight leather. There is a big gap from small to medium, so I think I'm going to be stuck in no man's land. But the Horween medium is perfect fit for me. Not going to spend $1500 on it though.

Who knows? But great looking jacket for sure.

The LF Commando is x-150 and runs slimmer than the Butterscotch aloha, which may not be x-150. That one may be the z and pretty sure they also have a Firenze version. Ask for the bottom hem measurement to be sure.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
The LF Commando is x-150 and runs slimmer than the Butterscotch aloha, which may not be x-150. That one may be the z and pretty sure they also have a Firenze version. Ask for the bottom hem measurement to be sure.
yep, this is what I'm starting to piece together. The butterscotch version, not sure with all their models, but with at least their 3.0 version has a wider bottom hem. Website says comp weight but then also mentions CXL.

I think I can barely squeeze into a small if it's the butterscotch version (would have similar measurements to my size 40 Enfield), but based on pictures that have been posted here in the past, medium is probably a better, slightly relaxed fit with the left field version. Although the gold label horween at medium looks just about perfect on paper for me. But I ain't spending $1500 LOL

Serious first world problems here. Need to find something else to do with my spare time. Lol

mjunderw00d

Familiar Face
Yeah, BS has a few versions, but the standard seems to be X150, with a widened hem. But other than that, both BS and LF list identical measurements, which is why it’s weird to see pieces in the wild that show a different story. The joys of online shopping.

@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead sounds like you need to make Mr. EBay an offer and see what happens... haha

abone

A-List Customer
Yeah, I messaged with him. He had it tailored in some areas that won’t work for me. Too bad. Heck of a steal for someone!
For a jacket with 19” shoulders the p2p is really narrow. It is a shame
Edit: ahh I see they’re 18” shoulders

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari