Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Vanson x Left Field Commando Size L

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I have a Vanson Chopper in X-150 and a Wild One also in X-150, as well as an older Model E and Enfield in comp weight. The X-150 is great, I prefer it to the newer comp weight leather Vanson does, but in my opinion it's not as good as the older comp weight. My Chopper is waxed but the Wild One is matte, I'm not sure if they're both the same leather or if one is actually Z-150. Either way if I was ordering a new jacket I'd go for X-150. Good luck with your search @El Marro .

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks dub!
This has been an awesome thread thus far in terms of learning about this style as well as some of the different leather offerings in which it has been made. It has yet to yield me a jacket though!
With that in mind I sent an email to Left Field NYC last night to inquire about their plans to offer another round of Commandos. Based on the reply I may or may not reach out to Vanson directly to spec a custom jacket. I agree with b1lf and JMax that the model E would be a good place to start and with a few tweaks it would be close enough for my satisfaction. This would also give me the opportunity to dial-in the back length precisely where I want it and consider other options such as contrast stitching, etc.

Yes. When I tweaked my Berserker/Chopper the folks at Vanson told me “you should have just ordered from us”.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have exchanged several emails with the folks at Left Field NYC today. We have not finalized the order yet but it looks like I am getting a size L Commando from them in the X-150 leather.
Thanks again to B1lf, JMax, dubpynchon, and everyone who contributed their knowledge and thoughts regarding this jacket.

Vanson Commando Front.jpg Vanson Commando Back.jpg

Enjoy the jacket, I love mine. Here are some older pics, I need to take new ones.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
I have exchanged several emails with the folks at Left Field NYC today. We have not finalized the order yet but it looks like I am getting a size L Commando from them in the X-150 leather.
Thanks again to B1lf, JMax, dubpynchon, and everyone who contributed their knowledge and thoughts regarding this jacket.

Hell yeah, congrats!

I'm only 1 week out from my custom E. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner