Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB wide brimmed OR or similar 7 3/8.

StanS

New in Town
I'm wanting to buy a wide brimmed (2 3/4-3") tall crown (crown must be soft and moldable) OR or similar in a 7 3/8. A few weeks ago a number of these (at least one from Rodkins) sold for less than $100 but were not my size. A few of Bond's have looked interesting but they were either a bit too expensive for me or not the right size. I'm hoping to pay less than $100 for a good basic quality and could pay up to around $150 for something more special.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez, I may have something, most of my hats are bashed like a fedora O.R., wide brimmed, tall crown and some are thin ribboned as well. Let me look a few over and think if I want to part with one. I do have one older Resistol that currently is in need of the sweatband to be repaired, and it is bashed at this time in a cattlemen's crease, but when I get the repair down (needs to be sown a bit) I was thinking of bashing it into more a fedora shape. It is your size, a great color silver belly, and has some very one of a kind measurements overall. When I am finished with it, you would know what I mean, it is just a bit "tighter" and sharp looking than most hats of that style. Vintage from the mid 1950's, and fairly clean as far as overall condition. I may try to post a picture or two of it here later so you can see what I mean.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'm wanting to buy a wide brimmed (2 3/4-3") tall crown (crown must be soft and moldable) OR or similar in a 7 3/8. A few weeks ago a number of these (at least one from Rodkins) sold for less than $100 but were not my size. A few of Bond's have looked interesting but they were either a bit too expensive for me or not the right size. I'm hoping to pay less than $100 for a good basic quality and could pay up to around $150 for something more special.

What color do you prefer?

StanS

New in Town
I'm pretty flexible on color. I prefer grays, natural, silver belly, but will consider others. I could buy a Campdraft but would prefer something vintage and nicer--wider brim, taller crown, softer bashable crown. Some fading, wear ok--visible moth damage not ok.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm pretty flexible on color. I prefer grays, natural, silver belly, but will consider others. I could buy a Campdraft but would prefer something vintage and nicer--wider brim, taller crown, softer bashable crown. Some fading, wear ok--visible moth damage not ok.

I have a hat that is being looked at by another lounger...have to be fair, and they know it needs some TLC...but if it does not work out, I will PM you and go from there.

StanS

New in Town
Thank you to those who have sent PMs. This will be my first real fedora style hat. I do need it to be a large 7 1/4 or regular 7 3/8 (or a small 7 1/2)--right around 23"+ circumference. I'm looking for something that is ready to wear.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
How dependable is the Mail system where you live? I do not think (not sure)it will be cheap for some one to ship a hat to your location. What would your budget be regarding a hat plus shipping?

StanS

New in Town
Thanks for the question about mailing. I do have a mailing address in California. I will be in both California and New York in August to help one of my sons (two boys, three girls total for us) get settled in at university (he will be starting Physician Assistant studies at the Rochester Institute of Technology). So for this hat, I would probably have it mailed to our California address. Otherwise, mail to Montenegro is reasonably reliable so long as the package is insured (this provides a chain of custody) and since hats are so lightweight postage would not be too expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis