Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB0 Schott 141 or similar size 42

warbird

One Too Many
I last wore a cafe style racer years ago and destoryed it in a motorcycle accident. I would like another. I wear a size 42 suit jacket and understand the 141 is true to size. I want jacket that is somewhat loose. I don't ride anymore and don't want a tight fitting jacket. So I guess I might need 44 in some makes, but I like that particular style. I do have a traditional biker style jacket in 44 that is old but since it is painted on the back it no longer is a good option for me. I am also not interested in spending $1k on a new Aero thugh I like them.

If you have something that works let me know. Thanks

warbird

One Too Many
I guess maybe I am still not sure which size to get. I was set to buy a 42, based on everythig I read about the 141 fitting regular sizes, not the fitted waist size. Then I read a post in another room that said he bought a size bigger because they run small and he finds the larger size to fit well. I am 5'9" and 175lbs. I wear a 42 in most suit jackets, but can wear a 40 in some. I wear a 34 or 36 waist. I would prefer a loose fit not the tight fit. Opinions?

warbird

One Too Many
Since I have now found the Foxcreek Grayson is probably better and less expensive I think I may go in that direction. I just don't know what size to get, but I will call tomorrow.

Last edited:

warbird

One Too Many
I am just about positive I am now going with the Fox Creek Grayson. If anyone has one in a size 44 to sell let me know. Otherwise I am going to just order a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy