Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW II Aviation MGM Movie

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
I'm looking for a movie I saw years ago and would like to find a copy to buy but I can't remember the name of it or the actor that starred in it. The movie was about an Army Air Force Aviation Cadet going through training and at the end of everyone's training the cadets were given their wings and told weather they had qualified to be a Pilot, or a Navigator, a Bombardier or a Gunner or etc. If any of you know what movie I'm referring to I'd appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks
Mike

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perhaps...

Air Cadet (1951)
Jerry and Walt) arrive at an Air Force training camp and go through the usual "course of sprouts." Then on to jet training, where cadet Russ Coulter meets lovely Janet...who just happens to be the estranged wife of Major Page. Will a potential romantic triangle prevent Russ from qualifying as a fighter pilot? Or does the two men's rivalry run even deeper?The story follows a group of cadets (Russ, Joe, Jerry and Walt) through Air Force pilot training during the Korean War. After adapting to cadet life in primary training at Randolph Field, they find themselves transitioning into jets at Williams AFB. There Russ meets and falls for the beautiful wife of a chief instructor, and puts his future as a fighter pilot in jeopardy.

or

Winged Victory (1944) Pinky Scariano, Allan Ross, and Frankie Davis all join the Army Air Forces with hopes of becoming pilots. In training, they meet and become pals with Bobby Grills and Irving Miller, and the five struggle through the rigid training and grueling tests involved in becoming pilots. Not all of them succeed, and tragedy awaits for some.

or perhaps

Journey Together (1945)David Wilton, John Aynesworth, and Smith are among a group of cadets hoping to become pilots in the Royal Air Force. David, however, has poor height perception and cannot master his landings. Therefore he is sent to navigator's school, but finds it hard to concentrate on his new job due to despondency over losing his chance to be "something important," a pilot. His friends and teachers join in an effort to show David the vast importance of the navigator, something he learns for himself over the target city of Berlin.

Well, I tried!

-dixon cannon

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Dixon,
thanks a million and I'm sure the movie is "Winged Victory" because the aviation cadet training was in WW II and now I can try and locate the movie.
Thanks Again
Mike

Jerry and Walt) arrive at an Air Force training camp and go through the usual "course of sprouts." Then on to jet training, where cadet Russ Coulter meets lovely Janet...who just happens to be the estranged wife of Major Page. Will a potential romantic triangle prevent Russ from qualifying as a fighter pilot? Or does the two men's rivalry run even deeper?The story follows a group of cadets (Russ, Joe, Jerry and Walt) through Air Force pilot training during the Korean War. After adapting to cadet life in primary training at Randolph Field, they find themselves transitioning into jets at Williams AFB. There Russ meets and falls for the beautiful wife of a chief instructor, and puts his future as a fighter pilot in jeopardy.

or

Winged Victory (1944) Pinky Scariano, Allan Ross, and Frankie Davis all join the Army Air Forces with hopes of becoming pilots. In training, they meet and become pals with Bobby Grills and Irving Miller, and the five struggle through the rigid training and grueling tests involved in becoming pilots. Not all of them succeed, and tragedy awaits for some.

or perhaps

Journey Together (1945)David Wilton, John Aynesworth, and Smith are among a group of cadets hoping to become pilots in the Royal Air Force. David, however, has poor height perception and cannot master his landings. Therefore he is sent to navigator's school, but finds it hard to concentrate on his new job due to despondency over losing his chance to be "something important," a pilot. His friends and teachers join in an effort to show David the vast importance of the navigator, something he learns for himself over the target city of Berlin.

Well, I tried!

-dixon cannon[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy