Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 German board games to be auctioned

Salv

One Too Many
Nazi board games under the hammer

A collection of Nazi era board games - including one where players are given points for bombing British cities - are being auctioned in the UK this week.
The rare trove of wartime board games also includes a version of Snakes and Ladders based on the exploits of U-boat captain Gunther Prien.

The games are thought to have come from a German collector. They will be sold at Mullock's Shropshire on Thursday.

Historian Richard Westwood-Brookes expects some to fetch up to £300.

Full story here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6955249.stm

Story

I'll Lock Up
Wanna bet on if the purchaser has updated versions out on the market by Christmas 2007?

Story

I'll Lock Up
On a related note

What German children played with in World War Two - the Nazi party sticker books
By DAVID WILKES
21st January 2008

During the austere 1930s, British children enjoyed the simple pleasure of collecting tea and cigarette cards of their sporting heroes.

But over in Germany, their counterparts were carefully gluing pictures of figures infinitely less innocent than the likes of the young Stanley Matthews into their prized albums.

One collection focused on Adolf Hitler, with its 204 cards chronicling the evil dictator's rise to power and pictures of the Führer in uniform with his Nazi henchmen, including his then deputy Rudolf Hess and Joseph Goebbels.

The 133-page book, published in 1935, is one of a rare set of three produced by the Nazis and being auctioned this week.

full story here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=509510&in_page_id=1811

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Here's one I saw in a museum:

seekrieg.jpg

"Seekrieg gegen England" (Sea War against England) - Stadtmuseum, Schorndorf, Baden-W?ºrttemburg, Germany.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner