Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII co-pilot's widow helps bring B-17

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
Wow.. Amazing article.. I didn't even know the Belle was in the area. I am only about 50 miles south of Sacramento. Thanks for sharing this.

Hondo

One Too Many
Chance of a Life Time

Forgot to add, a Chance of a Life Time,
there are rides available at $430.
That’s a fair price when you consider the costs
to maintain these babies.
This B17 is in excellent restored shape,
and your ride, fees are tax deductible :)

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
Funny you should mention that. I am going to be up there this weekend in uniform. I am planning on going up for a flight. I was planning on going up in "Aluminum Overcast" the weekend of the 26th when it is in Hayward, this is more towards instant gratification :)

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
I got to check it out in Fresno last year. The staff was by far the friendliest of the 17's I have seen. It had a low turn out so they let me spend as much time as I wanted crawling through it and taking pictures.

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
Mr.Microphone said:
Funny you should mention that. I am going to be up there this weekend in uniform. I am planning on going up for a flight. I was planning on going up in "Aluminum Overcast" the weekend of the 26th when it is in Hayward, this is more towards instant gratification :)
glad to hear the Aluminum Overcast is in flying condition again; had a horrible crash a few years ago...

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
Well it looks like my girlfriend and I are going to take a flight this weekend. I sent them an email regarding setting up a display or taking some of my flight gear to show visitors, and they were all for it. Now I just need to find an A-4 that fits me before the weekend :) I really don't want to be in class A's all day talking to people.

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
I am hoping the weather will be nice for tomorrow. It's supposed to get into the upper 80's. That will make wearing wool so much more enjoyable..... shakeshead I will make sure to take as many pictures as I can! Hopefully I will be lucky enough to get to talk to a vet about their experiences.

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
I had a great time yesterday! I will post pictures soon. I spent most of the day talking to members of the Taggart family. What an amazing group of people!

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
Here are some of them.
Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight2029.jpg

Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight2026.jpg

Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight2035.jpg

Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight014.jpg

Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight2044.jpg

Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight003.jpg

Liberty_Belle_Sac_flight2059.jpg

When I get a chance to upload more, I will post if anyone is interested.

Hondo

One Too Many
Hey that’s a great uniform, most go for the officers look, about time enlisted men were given their due, yours looks cool, thought you would wear the bombardier outfit, but understand it was sizzling (hot) for wool on Saturday. glad you enjoyed the ride, I didn’t know about the crash this plane was in a few years ago.The B17 I was in (Nine-o-Nine) crashed about ten yrs ago, but was fine when I went for a ride in her, FYI: The Nine-O-Nine is back on Memorial Day at the old McClellan Air Force base, Thanks, great pictures :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats