Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII era Civilian B-2

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I think this is one of the most interesting jackets I've had in a while. The jacket is made from capeskin, with a full alpaca pile lining. The overall lines, with the off-center zip, large collar, waist belt, zipped and snapped sleeves, two piece back, and large collar remind me of the pre-war B-2. The jacket is heavily worn, and the label has partially worn away, however the word "Aviation" is still visible in the upper right hand corner, and the location of the manufacturer, Kansas City, MO is still visible at the bottom. The style and what's left of the tag suggest that this was a specialty aviation manufacturer/retailer, not a fashion one. The buckle on the belt is of the same type used on wartime Colvinex flight suits, which were similar in construction to this jacket, and the size tag and reorder tag look of a military style. So it's very possible they had military contracts. The main zip is one of those Talons with the unmarked deco stopboxes, which puts the manufacture around 1942-1943. I'm slogging through wartime St. Louis phonebooks to see if I can find any matches.

Last edited:

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
That my friend...is what We in the Dumpster Biz like to refer to as *Killer Material*

Now that is one DOPE Jacket you have yourself!!! holy smokes!!! Look at that!!! Glory be!!!

good thing its small or it would have been worn out by now.

I would say it looks like it was *loved* more than it was *worn*

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
Dinerman, your items never cease to impress me, as does your photography! May I inquire what kind of camera you use? Your lighting is fantastic.

John Lever

One Too Many
A similar jacket with sheepskin lining,this one from around 1937
2n9b2bo.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Thanks, all!
John, that collar/throat latch detail look especially close. That's a very interesting jacket.

Dinerman, your items never cease to impress me, as does your photography! May I inquire what kind of camera you use? Your lighting is fantastic.

Right now I'm shooting with a Fujifilm x100s and a set of continuous LED studio lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot