Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII German Army Helmet

theinterchange

One Too Many
Pre-listing note: I contacted the moderators and have their okay on listing this item. I do not in any way shape or form condone Nazi-ism, am only wanting to pass on a piece of history [however dark] to a collector.

While helping my grandmother clean out a junk room, I came across a WWII German army helmet. She gave it to me to do with it what I wanted. Having no use for it myself, I thought I'd pass it along to a collector who would appreciate it as a piece of history.

It's in fairly good shape for both its age and usage. The only thing missing is the string that connects the top of the liner. There are no really serious rust problems and the liner is in decent shape. I'm unsure of the size, and haven't attempted to remove the liner to see if there are any markings inside.

While these [with Nazi markings] are prohibited on eBay, I have observed several which "slipped past" officials and have gone for an average of around $1,000 USD.

I'm asking $950 shipped to US members.

5595060509_a2165f2791_z.jpg

5595655010_1d51771860_z.jpg

5595654896_0101df3203_z.jpg

5595061043_04ae7841d4_z.jpg

Thanks for looking, AND keeping it civil folks!

Randy

rgraham

A-List Customer
I too had a friend that wished to get rid of some similar items, and I found this site to be both informative, as well as having willing buyers. Might try listing it there as well. That looks like a nice helmet for sure, and the decal is in very nice shape. Good luck. http://warrelics.eu/forum/

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Being a lover of all things historical, and feeling as I do that trying to delete and forget our darkest days may doom us to blindness to the situations that caused them and an inability to prevent them from happening again, I can appreciate the value of this item and others like it. While I personally do not collect these artifacts, I have met similarly minded collectors at gun shows nationwide and feel that you may be able to find an interested buyer at one, especially the shows that specialize in antiques. Best of luck to you.

PS - if you are unable to find a buyer, I'm certain you could find a museum that would love to have such a piece in their collection!

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face
Price on Helmet

The Interchange .....................
While the condition of your helmet is pretty good, especially the decal, I'm afraid that it is not a $1,000.00 helmet. Yours is the everyday, Army, foot soldier's helmet. Some helmets are worth much more, such as the SS.
Do not make any attempt to clean, paint or "improve" your helmet. As in everything else, original condition is everything !
E-bay does sell German WWII relics, under "German WWII". If you do put it on E-bay, be sure to mention how good the decal is. And cover the swastica. The decals rate from 0% to 100%.
Fla&WVaMike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR