Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII KHAKI VINTAGE MECHANICS SWEATER

Story

I'll Lock Up
$89 for the 'vintage fatigue sweater'? :eek:

Last one I bought in Clothing Sales was $19!

cco23i

A-List Customer
People don't buy that THING. The mechanics sweater looked NOTHING like that. The mechanics sweater was a V neck with NO patches on the shoulders or elbows. The best thing to do is get What price glory's British V neck and it's a perfect one for a mechanics sweater. That "thing" that is posted above is a fantasy somebody thought up. :eusa_doh:

Scott

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
The current Miltary wool sweater would be better. Some of the re-enactors I knew just changed out the buttons. You can still find original WWII buttons from At The Front. The only real problem is that the current sweater is a Brown instead of an OD. The sweaters are almost identical to the WWII versions. I bought one at the Gun Show for 20.00 bucks brand new. They fit real snug (suppose to) so buy a size larger if you do.

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
www.sofmilitary.co.uk do a great mechanics sweater.

Although, personally, I prefer the M1905 below:

SweaterRef6.jpg

It has a very vintage feel to the material, is very warm and fits nicely under my Aero for colder biking days.

Dave

cco23i

A-List Customer
I didn't see a "mechanics" sweater on the above site only the 5 button. The AAF mechanics were issued a V neck sweater that was worn OVER the coveralls so as to be removed easily when you got hot working in airplanes. (that's why the V neck was worn it fit well over the coverall collar.)

Scott

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
I just checked the SOF site and they don't seem to have any Mechanic's sweater. They used to. Same colouring as their 5 button ones but plain V-neck cut.

Eastman Leather Clothing sometimes carry some too but are frequently out of stock.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy