Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Y2 leather, found my next leather jacket.

Webafile

One of the Regulars
Hello guys,
Ive noticed you are quite familiar with Y'2,would appreciate your opinion.

A man needs a winter jacket that has to comply with following characteristics:
1) warm
2) not too heavy (lightweight as far as it is possible)
3) durable and abrasion resistant. He carries a leather bag/suitcase, that is sometimes very heavy, on a cross-body belt. So main friction areas would be the shoulders, the back, where the bag rubs against the body, and cross-body front sections.
4) At the same time the leather shouldnt be too stiff or restricting, but more of a soft and comfortable fit.

Im now looking into Y'2 ANJ-4 made of HH. Would you say smth about it, please?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Julia

No I would say that if you're wearing a cross belt that you should not get that jacket due to the fact of where the horsehide is located. It's not on the shoulders so would wear down quite quickly. It would be like a regular shearling jacket so if you were going for the horsehide durability you would not get it in the way that you use the jacket. If you think that shearling is tough enough and just want it for the looks then sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-092241_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-092241_Chrome.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 690

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
No I would say that if you're wearing a cross belt that you should not get that jacket due to the fact of where the horsehide is located. It's not on the shoulders so would wear down quite quickly. It would be like a regular shearling jacket so if you were going for the horsehide durability you would not get it in the way that you use the jacket. If you think that shearling is tough enough and just want it for the looks then sure.

Yes, I figured it out after I wrote the message here! Thank you so much for confirming my guesses!! Thats why I dont like Japanese, Korean etc companies - their websites look very strange to me. Y'2 dies not write that the hh is used in trimmings only. I accidentally noticed in another jacket it was written mouton+hh and at the very bottom: "hh on wrists and bottom". As for anj-4, there this remark is absent. It just says "mouton + hh"((((

RL204

One of the Regulars
My 1st Y2 jacket was a roll of the dice and worked out. I ordered a 42 Permisson dyed type 1 which is on the trim side for me but I like a snug jacket. The Shop Vancouver is where I ordered from. TJ the owner was very accommodating and sent me both a 42 and 44 so I would be 100% happy with the fit. Huge shout out to TJ and the shop Vancouver for excellent customer service. Nice jacket, cool leather, solid quality. I would say my flat head and fine creek jackets are made a little better but not by much. Only pic I have right now. Super pumped to see how this thing looks 12 months from now.

C06BE971-F649-40B6-B602-255314FEB23F.jpeg

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
My 1st Y2 jacket was a roll of the dice and worked out. I ordered a 42 Permisson dyed type 1 which is on the trim side for me but I like a snug jacket. The Shop Vancouver is where I ordered from. TJ the owner was very accommodating and sent me both a 42 and 44 so I would be 100% happy with the fit. Huge shout out to TJ and the shop Vancouver for excellent customer service. Nice jacket, cool leather, solid quality. I would say my flat head and fine creek jackets are made a little better but not by much. Only pic I have right now. Super pumped to see how this thing looks 12 months from now.

View attachment 376656

Looks gorgeous! Have you just bought it or did you buy it 12 months ago? Is it a photo of now or of back then?

RL204

One of the Regulars
Looks gorgeous! Have you just bought it or did you buy it 12 months ago? Is it a photo of now or of back then?

the jacket is brand new in that picture. I have owned it for about 1 month or so now.

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
How long does it usually take Y'2 to reply to email? I wrote on the weekend, hoped to get reply today am, but still nothing(

Webafile

One of the Regulars
How long does it usually take Y'2 to reply to email? I wrote on the weekend, hoped to get reply today am, but still nothing(
If you are sending a message directly then a few days. When I was ordering my jacket directly was up to 5 working days for email replies and that was me writing in Japanese (friends who are Japanese wrote for me)

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
If you are sending a message directly then a few days. When I was ordering my jacket directly was up to 5 working days for email replies and that was me writing in Japanese (friends who are Japanese wrote for me)

Oh God! Too bad for custom made orders....what do you mean directly? Is there a way to do it indirectly? Or maybe someone knows where to buy them I mean the dealers? I checked the list on their website but there is not much and I need help with sizing..

Webafile

One of the Regulars
Oh God! Too bad for custom made orders....what do you mean directly? Is there a way to do it indirectly? Or maybe someone knows where to buy them I mean the dealers? I checked the list on their website but there is not much and I need help with sizing..

By directly I mean I sent them email, also had to call a few times to get ahold of them to check email. They mostly don't interact with customers because a lot of what they do is sell at big stores in Japan. They are super good at answering questions when you are at the store and the store calls up y2 leather.

That's how I got phone number don't remember what it was though.

JuliaG

One of the Regulars
So maybe the way is to choose one of the dealers and ask them to ask y'2 if they can modify? As Im in Russia, Im limited with the number of means I can get in touch with then with..

Webafile

One of the Regulars
So maybe the way is to choose one of the dealers and ask them to ask y'2 if they can modify? As Im in Russia, Im limited with the number of means I can get in touch with then with..

If there is a dealer in Russia then go through them. It will be much faster and simpler because they already have contacts otherwise going to be a long wait time

mikeynyc

New in Town

View attachment 376656

I am looking to get this exact jacket. How do you think it compares to the fine creek richmond type I? I guess fine creek doesn't really offer readily this natural color in their jackets. I like the y2 because of the practicality and inner pockets, the fine creek seems very sparse from that front. How are you liking the jacket now and any update pics?

RL204

One of the Regulars
I am looking to get this exact jacket. How do you think it compares to the fine creek richmond type I? I guess fine creek doesn't really offer readily this natural color in their jackets. I like the y2 because of the practicality and inner pockets, the fine creek seems very sparse from that front. How are you liking the jacket now and any update pics?

I am a big fan of this Y2 jacket. It has softened up and molded to me after only about 10 outings or so. I have a Black fine creek type 3 which is way softer and In my opinion has nicer looking leather. that’s likely due to the fact I have worn the fine creek 200+ times.

I have only seen the fine creek natural type 1 in pictures. It looks amazing and is the reason I purchased this Y2 natural type 1. The inside pockets are extremely handy on the Y2. I wish my fine creek had an inside pocket. It just adds so much convenience and functionality. Here’s a more recent pic of the Y2 and an older pic of my FC Just for the hell of it.
2CD0DCE5-C732-4C0C-9DD8-B033948D2067.jpeg

06CF58E5-E73E-4647-BF5B-FEFBD9FE1233.jpeg

mikeynyc

New in Town
I am a big fan of this Y2 jacket. It has softened up and molded to me after only about 10 outings or so. I have a Black fine creek type 3 which is way softer and In my opinion has nicer looking leather. that’s likely due to the fact I have worn the fine creek 200+ times.

I have only seen the fine creek natural type 1 in pictures. It looks amazing and is the reason I purchased this Y2 natural type 1. The inside pockets are extremely handy on the Y2. I wish my fine creek had an inside pocket. It just adds so much convenience and functionality. Here’s a more recent pic of the Y2 and an older pic of my FC Just for the hell of it.
View attachment 394314

View attachment 394315

Both are amazing jackets. I am going to pull the trigger on the exact y2 jacket you got. Any advice on sizing? I am a size 38 in several fine creek jackets, so I am thinking about going size 38 here. I usually am a size 36 US suit jacket size, but I hear sizing up one for the japanese jackets is something that should be done.

Don't want to risk the jacket being too small, and actually every place is sold out of size 36, so I don't really have much options. But wanted to get confirmation if going the same size as Fine creek makes sense to you.

I am also on the waiting list for a fine creek type 1 jacket the richard, with the pocket flap over the chest pocket. I don't get why fine creek doesn't have any pockets inside, that is one thing that would seem a bit easy to implement

Anyways, awesome jacket again and they fit you great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points