Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Y2 leather or double helix

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I am thinking about buying type 1 jacket . I am confused about y2 or double helix
There's a lot of info available on the forum, just use the search function.

D22D7902-71A7-4617-9B40-622B22373DCF.jpeg

You'll find threads like these :

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/double-helix-works.106511/

Also, if you have specific questions there's the 'ask a question' thread.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-about-outerwear.102916/

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have not tried or seen in person the DH type 1 but I have tried Y'2 and Fine Creek (High Large as it was known back then). I like the FCL better. Y'2's leather is pliable and has a shinny coating whereas FCL is rigid and patina well. The DH I have seen (not a type 1) is closer to FCL. Not as rigid as FCL. AFAIK each of those brands use a variety of HH that have different characteristics.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
From your thread sequence, it seems like you're jumping between brands whose names you've heard about.

I would suggest thinking through what kind of jacket you want, then looking into who does it well.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I have two Double Helix jackets. What do you want to know?

FYI, narrow shoulders in relation to chest. A bit elongated on the body (pattern-wise). My guess is it is meant for Japanese market.

Saila

New in Town
I have been eyeing their type 1. how does it age. Do you have any experience with their indigo. How would you rate them in terms of quality

indigoeagle

One of the Regulars
It's also a question of how much you want to spend and availability.

Jelado stuff in my experience is always very good quality. But the price is higher.

And the FCL jacket are often difficult to get. You might need to preorder.

I have a High Large jacket in the Lee type 1 style. It's a bit thicker horse hide and matte.

I also have a Y2 type 1 in a lighter horse hide and as has been said it is shinier. But I think with wear that will change. Not sure, I haven't worn it much yet.

I'm very happy with both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui