Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yes, but is this art?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
You say Graffito and I say Graffiti......

'Graffito' is the singular from the ancient Roman/ 'Graffiti' is the plural or collective and the correctly and commonly used term.
Someone who used the word 'Graffito' today would surely sound like a snob.

BT.

The term Graffiti is derived from that of the Roman. The term means to scratch into---I guess the Romans didn't have spray paint. :p
I am glad we are all coming to the understanding of what I stated previously---call it something else and confine it to things that are wanted by the individual who owns that which it is on. Simple. Otherwise it is vandalism and a primal form of marking out someone's territory no more an artform than when a dog raises his leg or some animal rubs their pheromones onto trees in a distinctive area.
My job here is done.

Regards to all,

J

binkmeisterRick said:
Yeah, I read my dictonary further. I thought it was funny since everyone seems to use "graffiti."

Oh, JP... I expressed myself on your car. Hope you don't mind... sorry... :p ;) :cheers1:

Wait a minute now that is vandalism! Now if you did it on your own car you could call it art or marking territory---whatever you prefer. :p ;)
Oh bink, I am sending you a picture of Elvis on velvet that the artist on the street corner sold me. :p

Regards to all,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok, I get it now. BT, I see now what you’re getting at. Well, at least I think I do.

Graffiti art is an art form that came from the kind of style taggers used wile vandalizing property? Is that what they call graffiti art? Because it started out as graffiti?

If I’m wrong, tell me.

Root.

PS. Is this what you see as graffiti art?

graffiti.jpg

misc-graffitiart.jpg

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
Pretty far off-topic, but...

MK said:
Not that we have concluded that a guy can take a dump on the floor and it can be "art"........ :p

.......hey Marlowe! Good to see you.....literally. Love the avatar. Which brand of trench coat is that?
Hey, MK. It's the Marine raincoat I usually keep in my truck for the afternoon thundershowers we get around here in the summer. The hat is Lee Keppler's Maltese Falcon hat. You can't quite see it in the avatar, but it was raining the night the photo was taken.

And I get logged out constantly, especially when I've taken a lot of time to write a well-thought-out epistle on anything. That's why I don't post here much any more: it's so frustrating to try to write something of more than just a few words, organize my thoughts and put them down, only to find I've been logged out and it's all gone... This is a problem with this board. Other boards I go to don't do that to me.

...And it's good to be seen, MK.

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Hey, Marlowe, you can do what I've begun to do. When I write a long, well thought out reply, before hitting the submit button, I select and copy my entire reply. That way, then it logs me out, all I have to do is log back in, reply to it again, and paste my copied reply. Then when I send it, it goes through fine. I agree it's a pain in the bum, but it works.

bink

binkmeisterRick said:
I select and copy my entire reply. That way, then it logs me out, all I have to do is log back in, reply to it again, and paste my copied reply. Then when I send it, it goes through fine. I agree it's a pain in the bum, but it works.

I do the same thing when I am on a dial up connection but it has not happened to me in a long time. Force of habit I guess. :p

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points