Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Had It, But Sold It (and now You're Sorry)

Smuterella

One Too Many
I also seem to have clothes vanish, this year I have lost my black gloves and my favourite navy 40's babydoll shoes. I had a cry about the shoe loss last night, they have just vanished.

This seems to happen to me from time to time, items of clothing just disappear and there is no explanation other than mischievous pixies...

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Smuterella said:
I also seem to have clothes vanish, this year I have lost my black gloves and my favourite navy 40's babydoll shoes. I had a cry about the shoe loss last night, they have just vanished.

This seems to happen to me from time to time, items of clothing just disappear and there is no explanation other than mischievous pixies...

Be lucky its just a dress and shoes! My first year in the Marine Corps my parents decided to clean out my old room, now they knew not to throw any of my military antiques away but they didnt know how to store the items properly, nor did they care enough to make sure everything was accounted for once moved as an end result I had a box that contained a complete set of high altitude bomber gear vanish I'm talking A-6 flight boots, A-5 Trousers, Painted B-3 Jacket, RAF C-type Flying Helmet with the receivers and jack plug, AN-6530 goggles with their original box, Mae West, and the chest pack parachute all ID'd to the same guy. GONE!

Not to mention they didnt store my stuff right so quite a few other items the cats chose to be their litter box.

Needless to say I still havent recovered from that one!

steveforse

New in Town
Top Hat

I had a beautiful Dunlap beaver top hat. I rarely wore it, so when I came on hard times, I sold it. How I still regret it. On those times it was appropriate to wear, it was absolutely perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana