Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know, it's getting autumn, when...

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rainy day in Vienna. We made a point of getting all our chores done during the week. So today’s plan is to stay in our pajamas all day. Maybe start with a champagne brunch. (Local “Sekt” actually.) listening to Juliette Gréco. R.I.P. ...For sure dinner will be a nice rack of lamb and rosemary potatoes accompanied by candlelight. Nice cool temp, the leaves are starting to turn, and the rain is steady, not too heavy, not too gentle.

Last edited:

Turnip

...yesterday the trees around were occupied by hives of starlings, the air was filled with chirping, today it’s quiet...

^ I know the feeling. Some mornings it's just plain noisy because the trees in and around our back yard are filled with sparrows, orioles, doves, crows, pigeons, and who knows what else, all singing, chirping, shouting, and complaining, seemingly trying to be heard over each other, while the squirrels perch on the high branches barking at Butch (our dog) and I because we've interrupted their breakfast, i.e. the fruit that has fallen from our orange tree. And if any of the neighbor dogs are barking, Butch has to join in; some days just saying "Hi!", others putting the neighborhood on notice that he's on duty.

And then there are days like today--strangely quiet except for the constant muffled sounds of traffic on the nearby freeway, and Butch making just a little noise just to determine whether or not his friends are awake yet.

Turnip

...i switch from young, Bourbon/White Oak or Sauternes... matured Malts, young Cognac and Armagnac to older, thick, peated, Port or double matured Malts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm