Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Aches and pains appear throughout the day/night sometimes for prolonged periods of time and at times sharply and briefly. They occur often enough to make you wonder/worry as well as often enough to chalk it up to age.
:D
And then you make the mental note that if it happens again, you'll talk to your doctor about it.

You should talk with a doctor. Am I correct in assuming you are now of AARP membership eligibility age? And have been for longer than you care to recall?

Aches and pains appear throughout the day/night sometimes for prolonged periods of time and at times sharply and briefly. They occur often enough to make you wonder/worry as well as often enough to chalk it up to age.
And then you make the mental note that if it happens again, you'll talk to your doctor about it.
I experience aches and pains once in a while but, excluding my lower back problems and "slightly higher than my doctor would like" cholesterol, I think I'm in pretty good physical condition for a 57-year-old. A few weeks ago I helped a friend move for four consecutive days (about six hours per day, more or less), and except for my back bothering me more than usual for a few days after I came through it okay.

And then there are those days when I pull something reaching for the toilet paper roll. :confused:

You should talk with a doctor. Am I correct in assuming you are now of AARP membership eligibility age? And have been for longer than you care to recall?
You are correct on both statements. I do talk to my doctor regularly. Fortunately, most of the aches and pains are a result of stupidity/recklessness as a younger’n. Some of the other aches and pains are a result of my stupidity/recklessness/thinking I’m younger nowadays.

I experience aches and pains once in a while but, excluding my lower back problems and "slightly higher than my doctor would like" cholesterol, I think I'm in pretty good physical condition for a 57-year-old. A few weeks ago I helped a friend move for four consecutive days (about six hours per day, more or less), and except for my back bothering me more than usual for a few days after I came through it okay.

And then there are those days when I pull something reaching for the toilet paper roll. :confused:
I am right there with you, although 52 coming up on 53 pretty soon. I have always enjoyed working outdoors and keeping myself somewhat fit. My overall recovery time is still pretty good, but the aches come more often and don’t leave as soon as they used to.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I really ought to do something abou....OMG HERE COMES A PUPPY!"

It could be worse...

how-to-get-ahead-in-advertising 3.jpg

how to get ahead.jpg

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
When you reply to a thread on the Fedora Lounge from 10 years ago as if
it was only yesterday.

When you go back on something that you posted years ago but the image or photo
is no longer available and you cannot remember what it was that you posted in
the first place.

Eleven years have passed since the end of "King of Queens".

Oh my... o_O

You like this show too much.

You spend more time worrying about why you're not sleeping than you do sleeping.

I finally decided to simply stop worrying about it (it was becoming a bit much) and nothing bad happened but the amount of overall worry in my life went down (and, maybe, I even sleep a touch better now that I don't think about it as much).

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I finally decided to simply stop worrying about it (it was becoming a bit much) and nothing bad happened but the amount of overall worry in my life went down (and, maybe, I even sleep a touch better now that I don't think about it as much).

Yep!
The same with eating habits!
As you know, eat when hungry in small amounts throughout the day. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points