Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Edward

Bartender
This is really creepy. Now rich old people can apparently buy the blood of young, vibrant people for direct infusion to help them (the oldsters) stay young. Did I mention “creepy”?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01...-on-sale-for-the-old-in-san-francisco-report/

Blood? In twenty years it'll be souls.

When Motorola RAZR comes back. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I still got my dead V3 from 2006. ;)

I think we'll see an updated version of oned of those as soon as somebody figures out how to market a dual -touch-screen phone....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
older.jpg

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's all science. Ears and noses are made of cartilage -- which breaks down with age and sags out of shape, creating the illusion that the appendages are growing. They aren't, they're just getting longer and droopier.

It's the saddest of all sad truths. We like to think we're creation's miracles, but actually all of us are just shambling piles of meat, bone, and gristle. And eventually we all pass our sell-by date.

Why do ear lobes get bigger and hairy with age? And why can nasal hair grow like topsy whilst scalp hair falls faster than Niagra?
SCIENCE ALERT! You've been forewarned.

Our ears and noses, or more specifically the cartilage within them, continue to grow throughout our lives. Our earlobes get larger because gravity sucks--it pulls them downward and elongates them, making our ears look even larger.

Believe it or not, the same hormone that causes the hair on our heads to fall out makes the hair on other parts of our bodies grow darker, thicker, and coarser over time; those hairs have always been there, they simply become more noticeable as we grow older because of prolonged exposure to that hormone: testosterone. And yes, it can affect women as well, but nowhere near as frequently or as noticeably because women generally produce far less testosterone than men.

Edit: Aww, nuts. Miss Lizzie beat me to it while I was typing. :(

Edward

Bartender
I'm sure they'll figure it out. And then everyone who camped out in front of the stores for three months just so they could get theirs first will complain about two fragile screens getting damaged. :rolleyes:

Well, there we are.... Whomever it is in charge at Nokia these days has this week announced a plan for dual screen phone.... the second clips on to the main phone as an additional accessory, and can be closed like a book to protect both screens. I'l be more interested when they get to the stage where both can be part of the same display.... or the phone has a built-in, high-res projector for hotel room walls....

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You know you are getting old when you point to an actor and say “he/she is about my age and he/she is still looking pretty good (ignoring the fact that they’ve probably had plastic surgery) and they are still pretty “spry””. When actors your age are no longer “love interests”, but are now father/mother figures, well... say no more.

You know you are getting old when you point to an actor and say “he/she is about my age and he/she is still looking pretty good (ignoring the fact that they’ve probably had plastic surgery) and they are still pretty “spry””...
Or they're not aging particularly well and you think, "Jeez, what happened to him/her?" And that's also sometimes the result of plastic surgery. :eek:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You know you are getting old when you point to an actor and say “he/she is about my age and he/she is still looking pretty good (ignoring the fact that they’ve probably had plastic surgery) and they are still pretty “spry””. When actors your age are no longer “love interests”, but are now father/mother figures, well... say no more.
Christie Brinkley made all the UK national press recently, she might have been on a visit here, I can't remember. But the papers went overboard over her youthful appearance. I tell you what, Grace Jones knocked them out on the catwalk in Paris, at the youthful age of 70.
g jones.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21