Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

When you have to regard on more healthy, gentle footwear or otherwise you risk a bursitis. ;)

About ten years ago, I had to start using Dr. Scholl's arch inserts to stop both the pain in my feet and back as, apparently, I had developed "flat feet." The good news, a $10 or so pair of arch inserts solved both areas of pain; the bad news, nothing makes you feel older than needing arch supports in your shoes (I felt like a grandmother at 40).

I'm 31 and until 2014, I prefered normal "low-shoes" http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...m=QBIR&pq=halbschuhe herren&sc=0-22&sp=-1&sk=, as universal shoes.

But since 2015, I prefer my 2008's "walking-boots", as universal shoes. These are no real walking-boots for hiking, but just look like and are very light and gentle, with that "supporting-system"-sole.
On wider distances, as a hobby-photographer, that's one of the best things, you can do for your feet, I think.
That's, what I mean:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...e558287e94742b68ae59ddc118e8e065o0&ajaxhist=0

Actually, it's not my back, it is nice on the back, far better then the sit up and beg riding position. It's my hands when I am going slow, or in the mountains. Also, there is a muscle in the back of my upper arm, that must only be used when I am using the throttle. Excruciating after and hour!

Yeah, I can only imagine how uncomfortable "ape hangers" must be after a few miles.

I once rode from Seattle to New York and back (via Canada one way and the good old USA the other) two-up on an unfaired Moto Guzzi.

Never again, even if I had one of those two-wheeled Winnebagos under me.

A buddy, who passed away in '95, visited friends down in the California wine country with some regularity. He loaded his Harley into the back of his Ford pickup and offloaded it once he got there. He thereby spared himself the joy of hours on end riding through the reliably rainy Maritime Northwest and had the reward of getting around on his bike in the warm California sunshine.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The precursor to that is junk mail from A.A.R.P..

I can’t think of anyone that replies to “junk mail” or telemarketing sales over the phone
as far as buying their product.
I was curious as to what keeps them in business?
My guess is elderly folks who don’t know better & might be taken in. :(

I mostly carry my driver’s license, & proof of auto insurance.
When shopping, I take the bankcard. No cash.

Edit: Forgot to add:
My all leather "Roy Rogers" wallet with an all-around zipper
that came with an autograph photo of Roy & Trigger...
is the other thing I carry when I go out!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy