Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Last edited:
Number 9, the macaroni, hamburger, tomato sauce concoction, was a dinner staple in our house. But we had it with plain old white bread.

Number 10, the Corning Ware casserole, with the “Cornflower” pattern, is in my kitchen cabinet still.*

Number 11, the wooden salad bowl, was ubiquitous in my teen years.

Lots of the other stuff dates from a time when I was long out of the nest. So I guess that makes me old.

*The Cornflower pattern is still being made. I just looked it up.

Last edited:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
…you remember having worked with one of these:

1200px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg

…you remember having worked with one of these:

1200px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg
For a short while during the 60s I had a four-track tape player. Basically the same as an eight-track, but the cassettes were smaller. They weren't particularly popular, as I recall, and didn't last long because cassette tapes like the ones that Commodore would play were the new hot medium for home and car audio.

Turnip

That above shown player is a Datasette-Player for a Commodore C64 and is a predecessor solution to a floppy disc.

…when you gain a claim for a free, yearly „machine room“ early detection inspection.

A Boston Cooler. Anyone ever heard of it?
On the West Coast you can still find the occasional “California cooler,” which is a compartment built into an exterior wall, usually on the east or north side of a house. A door is on the interior, typically in a kitchen or pantry. On the exterior is either slats or holes in the siding, covered with mesh screens from the inside. Its purpose is to be a relatively cool place to keep fruits and vegetables. The advent of the home refrigerator pretty well spelled the end of the California cooler.

Turnip

Samuel Adams please…:D…really enjoyed that stuff, driving around NE-USA for a few weeks.

Turnip

No, I’m not going to write that…:D

Not being a doc, I would recommend not to overrate it, at least as long as you couldn’t palpate anything knot-like in your arm pit or around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff