Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Getting old becomes blurred when the headline act of this year's Glastonbury Festival is Reginald Kenneth Dwight. You might know him better by the name: Sir Elton Hercules John CH CBE. He was born on March 25th 1947.
Modern style music festivals are not for me, but I was impressed by the clip that I saw on the news. Here's how a 76 year old wows a younger audience.

ErWeSa

Familiar Face
There is a lot to be said in this context - one thing amongst countless others is that you've not the patience to read 373 pages of posts to check whether what you want to say has already been said...

I saw some competitions for oldtimers and the remakable video about Paddy and Nicko.

I like to do some dancing myself and I admired a 85-year old dancer who did a great show wherever he appeared (and I had the chance to tell him how much I admired his dancing performance before he died years ago) where I live and so I can only admire this couple:

Last edited:
Getting old becomes blurred when the headline act of this year's Glastonbury Festival is Reginald Kenneth Dwight. You might know him better by the name: Sir Elton Hercules John CH CBE. He was born on March 25th 1947.
Modern style music festivals are not for me, but I was impressed by the clip that I saw on the news. Here's how a 76 year old wows a younger audience...

I've seen Sir Elton John in concert five times. The first was the now iconic performance at Dodger Stadium on October 25, 1975. I've forgotten when and where the rest were, but Sir Elton never failed to entertain.

He's older than my Dad.

Pfff, kids. My dad was born in March of 1913; he was older than some of my friends' Grandparents.

When you're smoking pipe with vanilla tobacco and passing by middle-aged ladies react very positive, because they surely have Grandpa memories.

"That smells goood!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy