Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your advice on Iron Heart Denim Type III jackets would be appreciated

It’s true. They’ve moved to the longer, modern silhouette aside from the 526j which stays hand warmer free and 25” long.
I’m wearing the type 3 even shorter. 23”-24”!
IMG_1001.jpeg
IMG_0144.jpeg

My feeling about the length with a type 3 has really changed. I like them short!

When I was tellin' y'all they gotta be 23" back at the most, you laughed me out of the forum.

No, I'm kidding but it's ridiculous how at one point, all the makers began competing who'd made a longer Type-3 when this always was the shortest of all jacket styles. If it's covering your belt, it's too long.

Iron Heart makes fantastic clothes but I personally am not paying that kind of money for cotton.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
They should be short. I have a couple of denim type 3 that actually have internal patch pockets. I found them very useful when out and about for my (minimalist) wallet, phone, whatever, when I don't want to stuff my pants pockets. Any sightings of type-3s with internal patch pockets?

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I have the 21oz Non-Fade Denim Modified Type III Jacket - Superblack in XL. I originally bought it in size L, but the chest ended up being too small so sold it on eBay. I wouldnt really rely too much on the published measurements, it seems better to err towards getting something a half or 1" bigger as the actual measurements tend to be +/- half an inch across any given measure. Good luck with your purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner