Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Cartoons You Don't See Anymore

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I always thought he was a rip off but then again I was looking at Ariel more. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Well, the show DID appear right when several of us were on the edge of pubescence ... I guess they figured out their marketing &c very nicely.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Since Disney insists on being called animation, I wont mention any of those, sooooo....

Mister Trouble never hangs around
When he hears this Mighty sound:
"Here I come to save the day!"
That means that Mighty Mouse is on the way!
Yes sir, when there is a wrong to right
Mighty Mouse will join the fight
On the sea or on the land
He gets the situation well in hand
So though we are in danger
We never despair
'Cause we know that where there's danger
He is there!
He is there! On the land! On the sea! In the air!
We're not worryin' at all
We're just listenin' for his call:
"Here I come to save the day!"
That means that Mighty Mouse is on the way!
mighty2.jpg

mightymouse.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
ooohhh...I almost forgot. I always used to pretend to be
shera.jpg

She-ra, She-ra! I am Adora, He-man's twin sister, and defender of the Crystal Castle. This is Spirit, my beloved steed. Fabulous secrets were revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said: "For the Honor of Greyskull!" She-ra, She-ra . . . She-ra . . . She-ra, She-ra . . . I am She-ra! Only a few others share this secret. Among them are Light Hope, Madame Razz, and Kowl. Together, we and my friends of the Great Rebellion strive to free Esteria from the evil forces of Horde! She-ra, She-ra!

RIOT

Practically Family
TINTIN & SNOWY

globescenelarge.gif

I used to read every single one of their adventure books back in the 70's & early 80's. This had been an animated cartoon as well at one point but had only caught a few.

.. And who can forget about his pals Haddock and the good ol' Professor Calculus, as well as the bumbling Thompson & Thompson.

Makes me want to catch up again with the reading.

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow! Reading through this thread has been so much fun!

Being the indecisive sagittarius I am, I have many favorite characters, I literally could watch cartoons ALL DAY. I'll narrow my choice down to Bugs Bunny who is just insanely funny to me.

But, I LOVE:
Chilly Willy (especially when he's with Smedley the dog)
Foghorn Leghorn
Woody Woodpecker
Daffy Duck (he's just so wicked).

Here's a GREAT question: What are your favorite cartoon episodes?

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Just saw Tintin in Yahoo! News or something, an article about a sign in an exhibit saying they were racist.
George of the Jungle is my retro favorite.

Starius

Practically Family
Rosie said:
Here's a GREAT question: What are your favorite cartoon episodes?

That IS a great question. When I thought about what my favorite cartoon episodes might be, two unlikely candidates popped in my head that I haven't thought about for years. Both of them involve "Pinky and the Brain".

1. Animaniacs
Episode Number: 152 Season Num: 1 First Aired: Thursday November 4, 1993 Prod Code: 406-845
Pinky and the Brain short: Bubba Bo Bob Brain

In this story, Brain tries to take over the world by becoming a country western singer and using subliminal mind control messages in his songs. As outlandish as this plan is, he actually comes the closest to succeeding out of most all his plans. Pinky attempting to say "Bubba Bo Bob Brain" met with hilarious failure.​

2. Pinky and the Brain
Episode Number: 79 Season Num: 3 First Aired: Saturday February 28, 1998
Story: Your Friend: Global Domination

This episode.... well, just click on the link to see for yourself. ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
patrick1987 said:
Just saw Tintin in Yahoo! News or something, an article about a sign in an exhibit saying they were racist.
George of the Jungle is my retro favorite.

That'll be mostly due to "Tintin in the Congo", it's still a bit of an hot potato for publishers.

Dr Doran

I love Tintin. I have the oldest one from Petit Vingtemps in a hardcover. As to the racism, regrettable, but that was a while ago and all we can do is hope that that sort of thing goes away, and be happy that a lot of it has. Herge would not have been so crude later in his career.

Dr Doran

jamespowers said:
lol lol lol lol I suppose. Ah, the days when cartoons actually looked like real people. :D

Now we have video games. I never play video games meself, but there is that Lara Croft -- much more real looking than Ms Pacman was, even though she was cute in her own way.

I had a crush on Minmei and Lisa from Robotech One.

Doran said:
Now we have video games. I never play video games meself, but there is that Lara Croft -- much more real looking than Ms Pacman was, even though she was cute in her own way.

I had a crush on Minmei and Lisa from Robotech One.

I dunno. I don't think I have ever seen a Pacman, man or woman, walking around here lately---and if there ever was a place to see one it would be around here. ;) :p

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart