Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Cartoons You Don't See Anymore

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
I just noticed today while watching cartoons with my little ones that Oswald has a fedora!!! Cool character! I think he's my favorite one.

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
No little ones, but I watch it sometimes. It looked like a bowler (or is it called derby?) to me, like the one Oliver Hardy wore.
I like the little weasel or hamster or whatever it is from Kim Possible.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I was not a big fan of cartoons when I was a child, but did enjoy Road Runner cartoons and also, for some reason, Mighty Mouse.

Also liked many of the full-length Disney cartoons. Bambi was my favorite.

Don't know many of the cartoon figures today, but would probably have like Batman or any of the superhero cartoons.

karol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
bb_lrrr00.jpg

Red from Little Red Riding Rabbit. She cracks me up everytime (IIIIII gotta little Bunnie Rabbit!).

I've been known to break into the "Five O'Clock Whistle" from time to time.

"The five o'clock whistle's on the blink
The whistle won't blow and what'd ya think?
My Pop is still in the factory
'Cause he don't know what TIIIIIIIME
It happens to be!"

etc.

I also love Rocky and Bullwinkle with all their attendant cartoons (Fractured Fairy Tales, Peabody's Improbable History, Dudley Do-Right Of The Mounties, Aesop And Son, Mr. Know It All, The World of Commander McBragg).

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
BeBopBaby said:
photo_98.jpg

Everyone sing along, you know you can't resist....

I love to sing-a
about the moon-a and the june-a
and the spring-a
I love to sing-a

Oh, I love that too!!! My kids keep playing it over and over again (from Happy Feet's Special Features). That's a good one! :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Modern or vintage?

In the "old days" when they showed cartoons with every movie, we all cheered when Bugs Bunny came on the screen. He was the champ.
As for the vast array of contemporary characters, I'm not very up on them, but I do love Space Ghost. He's my personal role model.

J. M. Stovall said:
x-olw11-1-1.jpg

Lots of hats, suits, and tommy guns! And he lives in a deco world, what could be better!

Hey! You took mine already. :D Nothing wrong with Batman. As Bruce Wayne he is well dressed at all times. As Batman he is well suited up and delivers the point of his justice quite well.
Second would have to be The Shadow. Ahahahhhahahahhahahahh!

Regards,

J

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Might not mean much to the North Americans here but the Brits and others from the Commonwealth might remember one of my old childhood favourites, Roobarb and Custard...

Roobarb1.jpg

roobarb.jpg

I've also got a soft spot for...

dangermouse.jpg

and old Donald Duck...

donald.gif

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Bosko

Bosko jogged my memory for OOOLLLLDDD cartoons. In the early days of TV (we're talking like 1951) there was precious little material available for TV, so they pulled all sorts of ancient flicks off the shelf. "Out of the Inkwell" was a series of cartoons produced from 1919 to 1929 by Max Fleischer. It featured animation superimposed on live film (and still photographs). I was utterly transfixed by it. Crude by today's standards, but cool to a 4 year old in 1951.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_Inkwell

Hondo

One Too Many
Rocky and Bullwinkle

Did it ever occur to you that "Little Red" she has breasts? lol

You beat me, Rocky and Bullwinkle by Jay Ward holds a warm spot, favorite really, ground breaking cartoon, Listen between the lines, play with words, I could go on and on, they sure don't make'em like they used to lol

Bullwinkles college football team? Wossamotta U :eusa_clap

imoldfashioned said:
bb_lrrr00.jpg

Red from Little Red Riding Rabbit. She cracks me up everytime (IIIIII gotta little Bunnie Rabbit!).

I've been known to break into the "Five O'Clock Whistle" from time to time.

"The five o'clock whistle's on the blink
The whistle won't blow and what'd ya think?
My Pop is still in the factory
'Cause he don't know what TIIIIIIIME
It happens to be!"

etc.

I also love Rocky and Bullwinkle with all their attendant cartoons (Fractured Fairy Tales, Peabody's Improbable History, Dudley Do-Right Of The Mounties, Aesop And Son, Mr. Know It All, The World of Commander McBragg).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo