Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

rue

From the movie Bugsy:

"Bugsy" Siegel: Got a light?
Virginia: The way you were looking at me, I thought you were going to ask for something more interesting.
"Bugsy" Siegel: Like what?
Virginia: Use your imagination.
"Bugsy" Siegel: I'm using it.
Virginia: ...Let me know when you're finished.

Virginia: my oh my, you're pretty ferocious for a mom's concern, aren't ya? The rest of the time you're just some good-looking, sweet-talking, charm-oozing, f***-happy fellow with nothing to offer but some dialogue. Dialogue is cheap in Hollywood Ben... why don't you run outside and jerk yourself a soda.

DNO

One Too Many
We could have a whole thread for Coen brother movies...

Ulysses McGill: "Damn, we're in a tight spot!"

same: "You two are just dumber that a bag of hammers"

or my favourite, still from Ulysses Everett McGill:

"Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'? "

BigFitz

Practically Family
"What Brian forgot to tell you was that those weren't real pirates. They looked convincing though." Ron Burgundy

"The man from the motorcycle! Motorcycle on the bridge, I hit him with a burrito!" Ron Burgundy

Effingham

A-List Customer
Eddie Dane: How'd you get the fat lip?
Tom Reagan: Old war wound. Acts up around morons.

"Miller's Crossing."

If you haven't seen this incredible film, PUT DOWN YOUR MOUSE and go out and rent it NOW.

DNO

One Too Many
The good, The Bad and the Ugly:
[After the stand-off, where in Angel Eyes is killed and Tuco finds out that there're no bullets in his gun] You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
lol lol lol

My favourite line from that one.... Tuco's in the bath and the one-armed guy comes in to kill him, giving him a lengthy speech. So Tuco shoots him and says: "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk"

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I can't believe this thread has gone 36 pages without a single quote from a Preston Sturges movie:

Sullivan: This picture is an ANSWER to Communists. It shows we're awake and not dunking our heads in the sand like a bunch of ostriches. I want this picture to be a commentary on modern conditions, stark realism, the problems that confront the average man.
Lebrand: But with a little sex.
Sullivan: A little, but I don't want to stress it. I want this picture to be a document. I want to hold a mirror up to life. I want this to be a picture of dignity - a true canvas of the suffering of humanity.
Lebrand: But with a little sex.
Sullivan: With a little sex in it.
Hadrian: How about a nice musical?
Sullivan: How can you talk about musicals at a time like this? With the world committing suicide, with corpses piling up in the street, with grim death gargling at you from every corner, with people slaughtered like sheep!
Hadrian: Maybe they'd like to forget that.
Sullivan: Then why do they hold this one over for a fifth week at the Music Hall? For the ushers?
Hadrian: It died in Pittsburgh.
Lebrand: Like a dog.
Sullivan: What do they know in Pittsburgh?
Lebrand: They know what they like.
Sullivan: If they knew what they liked, they wouldn't live in Pittsburgh.

-- Sullivan's Travels (1941)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav