Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
"Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison! How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Damon Runyon, Guys & Dolls

Guys and Dolls

I haven't read every post in this thread, but when looking up some Damon Runyon quotes recently, I came across this one from Guys and Dolls.

Sky Masterson to Nathan Detroit:

"The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet."

See Ecclesiastes 9:11 for the reference.

Although it didn't appear in Guys and Dolls, another related Runyon line in which I take comfort is:

"I long ago come to the conclusion that all life is six-to-five against.'

Last edited:

stevew443

One of the Regulars
Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You'd better beat it, I hear they're gonna tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing. You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here. You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well, that covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself. You'd better beat it, I hear they're gonna tear you down and put up an office building where you're standing. You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. You know, you haven't stopped talking since I came here. You must have been vaccinated with a phonograph needle.

Gotta Love Groucho!!!!! Talk about "rapid fire insults"!

Worf

Veronica T

Familiar Face
dinnerateightcartoon.png~original

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I'm told Lisbon is a strange city, a city of echoes and shadows. A hundred eyes watch your every move.

The Conspirators, 1944

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately Eli Wallach just passed away, age 92. [video=youtube;dvSZ_HQmZgQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvSZ_HQmZgQ[/video]

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
You needn't be ashamed. True, we're not great thieves like the nobles. Our robberies are petty compared to the wholesale plunder of the nation.

It's not the common thief and murderer but the thousands and thousands of heretics, freethinkers, and preachers of sedition that are our problem.

Hunchback of Notre Dame (1931)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
True Grit. Rooster: By God, girl, that’s a Colt Dragoon. Now you’re no bigger than a corn nubbin. What are you doing with all that pistol? Of course, Maddie was actually sporting a Colt Walker, but, Dragoon sounds more menacing!

rjb1

Practically Family
Perhaps they were using the lines directly from the original novel "True Grit". In that she did carry a second-model Dragoon.

"Did you not know that King Kong the First was only three foot, six inches tall? He only came up to Fay Wray's belly button. If God could do the tricks that we can do he'd be a happy man."

...Eli Cross (Peter O'Toole), The Stuntman

DesertDan

One Too Many
"Tie two birds together, and even though they have four wings, they cannot fly." - The Blind Man, Circle Of Iron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21