Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
"Tie two birds together, and even though they have four wings, they cannot fly." - The Blind Man, Circle Of Iron

Wait a minute! Supposing *two* swallows carried it together!
G1: Nooo..... They'd have to have it on a line...
G2: Well, simple! They'd just use a strand of creeper!
G1: What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers?
G2: Well, why not? "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Me, I've been an intellectual mountain goat, leaping from crag to crag, trying everything.

From "Young Man With a Horn" 1950

Not from a movie but from TV.

hqdefault.jpg

"Lieutenant Sex Machine, Homicide... Yeah? What time? ...Damn! I'm going to nail that sick mother even if the DA takes my badge! Chief, just give me twenty-four hours... Oh God, I wish I knew what all that meant."

Richie, Bottom

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
True Grit. By God. She reminds me of me! [video=youtube;XTMeDBVknQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMeDBVknQY[/video]

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Although he knows that he and his kind in this year of 1936 are dying fast in Germany, and that the day will come when they'd all be gone, yet here he is, doing what he can, because in him, too, there still flickers that small flame like a candle in the wind that has not gone out, even in this dark land.

The Seventh Cross, with Spencer Tracy

Although he knows that he and his kind in this year of 1936 are dying fast in Germany, and that the day will come when they'd all be gone, yet here he is, doing what he can, because in him, too, there still flickers that small flame like a candle in the wind that has not gone out, even in this dark land.

The Seventh Cross, with Spencer Tracy

Just saw this movie for the first time this week. Despite seeming to have no budget, or they spent it all on the stars (in this case, money well spent) - it is well-done and, as your quote above shows, emotionally powerful overall. I was surprised I had missed this one for so long.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Just saw this movie for the first time this week. Despite seeming to have no budget, or they spent it all on the stars (in this case, money well spent) - it is well-done and, as your quote above shows, emotionally powerful overall. I was surprised I had missed this one for so long.
My thoughts exactly.

Spicolli: I made it, Mr Hand. I'm on time!
Mr Hand: Mr Spicolli, your class was last period.
Spicolli: No!!!
Mr Hand: Yes.
Spicolli: Well that's cool, you can mark me early for tomorrow.

Fast Times (the TV show)

rjb1

Practically Family
This is from "Colussus: The Forbin Project" and is more of an ancestor to the "Terminator" plot, and to a lesser degree, "Wargames".
Not as much of a connection to "To Serve Man".

This is from "Colussus: The Forbin Project" and is more of an ancestor to the "Terminator" plot, and to a lesser degree, "Wargames".
Not as much of a connection to "To Serve Man".

I defer completely to the people who have seen the movie - it just had that echo of when the aliens come and they are initially positioning themselves as helpful to mankind and, then, clearly aren't. But again, I based that on a quote not the movie itself - which I now want to check out. Thank you for the color.

rjb1

Practically Family
There is a bit of a connection further up the S-F genealogy to "The Day the Earth Stood Still", with the similarity being the message of "Shape up or ship out" to humanity, and with the difference being that one is alien-dictated and the other is earth-computer dictated.
"Forbin" is a good movie - not great - but definitely worth seeing...

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I'm surprised I haven't posted in here! My favourites...

From CASABLANCA:

*Whistle!*
"This Cafe is closed until further notice! Clear the room at once!"
"You can't close me up, on what grounds!?"
"I'm shocked! SHOCKED! To find that GAMBLING is going on in here!"
"Your winnings, monsieur!"
"Oh thank you! Very much!...EVERYONE OUT AT ONCE!"

From GONE WITH THE WIND:

"Has the war started already!?"

"I DON'T KNOW NUTHIN' 'BOUT BIRTHIN' NO BABIES!!" (this one cracks me up every time).

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" (Can't not include this one...)

"All we've got is cotton, and slaves, and arrogance..."

From "MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS"

"MONEY! I hate, loathe and abominate MONEY!!"
"...You also spend it!"

"Personally, I'd never accept a man who proposed to me over an invention!"

"Well if you're not busy, could you beat me up again tomorrow night?"

"Wasn't I lucky to be born in my favourite city?"

More to come, for sure...

skydog757

A-List Customer
"You do have a point there. Well, I'm sorry to have bothered you; I'll be going now."
(Turns, starts to leave, pauses and turns back.)
"Oh, just one more thing. I almost forgot . . ."

From every Columbo that they ever made.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"The Encyclopedia Galactica, in its chapter on Love states that it is far too complicated to define. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of love: Avoid, if at all possible. Unfortunately, Arthur Dent has never read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

:D

skydog757

A-List Customer
Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Listen up, ladies and gentlemen! Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles per hour and that gives us a radius of... six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Doctor Richard Kimble. Go get him.

[Kimble points Gerard's gun at him]
Dr.Richard Kimble: I didn't kill my wife!
Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: I dont care!

The Fugitive (1993)

Tommy Lee Jones is absolutely outstanding in this.

Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: Listen up, ladies and gentlemen! Our fugitive has been on the run for ninety minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is 4 miles per hour and that gives us a radius of... six miles. What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at fifteen miles. Your fugitive's name is Doctor Richard Kimble. Go get him.

[Kimble points Gerard's gun at him]
Dr.Richard Kimble: I didn't kill my wife!
Deputy Marshal Samuel Gerard: I dont care!

The Fugitive (1993)

Tommy Lee Jones is absolutely outstanding in this.

I, too, thought this was an outstanding line when I first saw the movie and have thought about it ever since. Besides its pitch-perfect timing and life-weary delivery, it is philosophically very clear: my job is to capture an escaped prisoner, your innocence or guilt is irrelevant to my task and is for others to decide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21