Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Kmadden

New in Town
Ned Beatty's speech in "Network"

"You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it. Is that clear? You think you've merely stopped a business deal? That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back. It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity. It is ecological balance. You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations; there are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems; one vast, interwoven, interacting, multivaried, multinational dominion of dollars.

What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state? Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions, just like we do.

It is the international system of currency which determines the vitality of life on this planet. THAT is the natural order of things today. THAT is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today. And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature. And YOU WILL ATONE. Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little 21-inch screen and howl about America, and democracy. There is no America; there is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today.

The world is a business, Mr. Beale; it has been since man crawled out of the slime. Our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that perfect world in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality - one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock - all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel."

DesertDan

One Too Many
That has always been one of my favorite monologues from a movie and except for the date is a fairly accurate account. Though there is still uncertainty about how many men were actually killed by the sharks and not other causes.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
The worsr thing is I do recognise it...

The early 1990s B movie classic The Runestone, the Fenris Wolf awakens to terrorise modern Manhatten until a teenage kid and the Norse godTyr with his magic axe puts an end to this Ragnarock!

l_100528_18d150d3.jpg

At the 05:46 mark. Warning: its really gory in a bad low budget B-movie sense...

[video=youtube;oy2iQjDxxjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy2iQjDxxjQ[/video]

Sorry I spent too much time in the late 1980s and early 1990s watching bad Sci-fi and fantasy movies...

Flicka

One Too Many
"Just equal parts of scotch, vodka, brandy and gin!"
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (after a gentleman asks for a glass of water and is handed this instead, he sputters and asks what it is)

Josey Wales to a bounty hunter. " Dying ain't much of a living boy"--- Movie The Outlaw Josey Wales

Kid, your good, but as long has I'm around you'll always be second best. Movie The Cincinatti Kid. Edward G Robinson played Yancey Howard and Steve McQueen was Eric Stoner,AKA The Cincinatti Kid.. Based on Poker and gambling. Also stared Angie Dickerson, Karl Malden.

My Name is Bond, JAMES BOND.

"Not a hard man to find, leaves dead men everywhere he goes."[/QUOTE

I reckon so.

That movie had so many great lines.

That's what we call a Missouri boat ride. Whopem again Josey, whopem again boy.

Josey, we gonna buried them pilgrims, leavem boy, Buzzers gotta eat, same as worms.

Great western.

Best regards
CCJ

I hear you.

I have it as my greatest western of all time.

Granny Hawkins, Pay me when you see me Josey Wales.

Chief Dan George, Indians vow to endeavor to persevere.

Fletcher to Governor, You promised those man they would be treated decent, Governor, They were decently feed and decently killed.

I think I will watch Josey again tonight after I watch Cagney in City for Conquest. Is that you Peg, I knew youd come back, because you'll always be my girl, A blind Cagney to Ann Sheridan. Classic

Best regards
CCJ

BigFitz

Practically Family
"Someday my dream will come. One night you'll wake up and you'll discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you and it never will. Suddenly you are old, didn't happen and it never will, 'cause you were never going to do it anyway".-Vincent, "Collateral"

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
Also from Lonesome Dove

"Leave that boy alone Woodrow. The only chance he has for an education in life is to stay up late at night and listen to me talk." Augustus MacCree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner