Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

bulldog1935

Suspended
My absolute all time favourite: the last line from Bridge on the River Kwai.

"Madness...madness"
truly great movie, but I thought it was one of the worst-delivered lines in the history of the movies.
I would go with just about anything Will Holden said, though - the Ugly American that he plays (in every role) is my all-time favorite act in the movies.

How about: You give me powders, pills, baths, injections, enemas; when all I need is love.

"Vyvyan, Vyvyan, Vyvyan! Honestly, whenever something explodes in this house it's always bloody blame Vyvyan!"
...Vyvyan Basterd (Adrian Edmondson), The Young Ones

vyv2.jpg

Another gem from Vyvyan...

"Funny, but being ill makes me lose my usual tolerant and easygoing approach to communal living." (throws petrol bomb)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Stripes:

John Winger: C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.
Russell Ziskey: Well I got the sh%t kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

"When did food become medicine? We just used to take pills. You ate normal food: bangers and mash; chip butties; chicken vindaloo. Then when you're ill the doctor would give you proper medicine made from proper chemicals."

...Vernon (Ade Edmondson), Teenage Kicks

The Gentleman

New in Town
This movie may have been stated already, but there are quite a few nice quotes in It's a Wonderful Life.

I specially like "All you can take with you is that which you have given away".

rjb1

Practically Family
"Did he fire six shots, or only five?"
I've watched it a number of times and I can only count four. That means that #5 would be under the hammer and #6 would be quite visible from the front. When he drops the hammer it would have "blown the crook's head clean off".

Not letting reality intrude, the lines are still good: "Do ya feel lucky, punk? - Well, do ya?"

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Llewelyn Moss: "If I don't come back, tell mother I love her."

Carla Jean Moss: "Your mothers dead, Llewelyn."

Llewelyn Moss: "Well then I'll tell her myself."

"Right! Eddie comes in... Takes off his coat... Body odour... Takes off his hat and sits down to eat his tea... sees the [suicide] note... Sees me [with head in oven]... Shock!... Rescue, rescue, rescue, rescue... Remorse, remorse, guilt, guilt, guilt... Whirlwind of self-loathing... And Eddie buys me a drink! Fiendish!"

...Richard "Richie" Richard, Bottom

Last edited:
Richie: I do favour the intelligent bird myself. It's sexist to like the good-looking ones, you know.
Eddie: Is it?
Richie: Yes, it's very unfashionable. You have to have an intelligent one these days. I saw it on Kilroy. They had half a studio of lookers and the rest were, um... intelligent: short hair, glasses, homemade earrings.
Eddie: What was the issue?
Richie: Well, I couldn't quite work that out. But the point was that you're supposed to do it with the ones you don't fancy.
Eddie: Who gets to breed with the lookers then?
Richie: Nobody, just the sexists.
Eddie: Are they on the lookout for sexists? How does one join?

stevew443

One of the Regulars
My favorite quotes come from two very different Katharine Hepburn movies

Oh, we're going to talk about me again, are we? Goody.

I'd hang you from the nipples, but you'd shock the children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo