Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Evita: Did you hear that? They called me a whore! They actually called me a whore!
Retired Admiral: But Señora Peron, it's an easy mistake. I'm still called an Admiral yet I gave up the sea long ago.

hqdefault.jpg

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Evita: Did you hear that? They called me a whore! They actually called me a whore!
Retired Admiral: But Señora Peron, it's an easy mistake. I'm still called an Admiral yet I gave up the sea long ago.

Mwahahaa... :caked:

From Coyote Ugly (2000)
Girl: Can I ask you somethin'?
Lil: What?
Girl: What - Oh, what does Coyote Ugly mean?
Lil: Did you ever wake up sober after a one night stand, and the person you're next to is layin' on your arm, and they're so ugly, you'd rather chew off your arm then risk waking 'em? That's coyote ugly.
Girl: My God. But, why would you name your bar after somethin' like that?
Lil: Oh, because Cheers was taken.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Hey Boy: Mr. Paladin enjoy himself last evening?
Paladin: Very much, thank you, Hey Boy. I just suppose it would have been prudent of me to inquire whether or not Theresa had gotten herself married in the two weeks since last I saw her.
Hey Boy: There must be Chinese proverb for new husband.
Paladin: I'm sure there is. Now, Hey Boy, I have a number of choices. I can let the man shoot me--
Hey Boy: Honorable thing to do. (Paladin gives him a long look.)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This is not a movie quote, but it is appropriate to this discussion sight. "I'm glad that men are wearing hats again. They're so distinguished." [video=youtube;UrOft0twiVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrOft0twiVA[/video]

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"You get your picture Scotty?"

"No.. you were in the way.. sides the door wasn't open long enough."

"Want me to open it again?"

"NO!!!"

The Thing (From Another World)

Worf

"Beans! Sausages! Cornflakes! Foods from all over the world gathered at Tesco's. It's a Eurovision song contest of food but without the unpleasantness..."
...Kevin Turvey (Rik Mayall), The Man Behind the Green Door

sw709

Familiar Face
I'm sure this one has already made itself into the annals of this thread, but it bears repeating...

From 'Once upon A Time in the West', Henry Fonda tells one of his dim-witted minions exactly how he feels about his trustworthiness...

"How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders...he cant even trust his own pants". Cue Ennio Morricone music sting here.

I'm sure this one has already made itself into the annals of this thread, but it bears repeating...

From 'Once upon A Time in the West', Henry Fonda tells one of his dim-witted minions exactly how he feels about his trustworthiness...

"How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders...he cant even trust his own pants". Cue Ennio Morricone music sting here.
John Wayne also said: "I never trust a man who doesn't trust his pants." He also said: "I never trust a man who doesn't drink." :p

rjb1

Practically Family

"How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders...he cant even trust his own pants".

Different context, different meaning:
Back when engineers were (almost) all male, saying someone was a "belt and suspenders sort of guy" meant that he took care to be very sure of things, covered all the bases, took all negative possibilities into consideration, and thus was a most trustworthy sort...

"How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders...he cant even trust his own pants".

Different context, different meaning:
Back when engineers were (almost) all male, saying someone was a "belt and suspenders sort of guy" meant that he took care to be very sure of things, covered all the bases, took all negative possibilities into consideration, and thus was a most trustworthy sort...
Trustworthy because he didn't trust his pants. :p

jskeen

One of the Regulars
I just mentioned one of my favorite movie characters in my last post, then this thread popped back up. So here's a few from The Green Machine, and it's (fictional) chief prophet, Senior Gunnery Sargent Hartman!

"You had best un-**** yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!"
"Well thank you very much, can I be in charge for a while?"
"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?"
"It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress."

Carry on, Gunny!

I just mentioned one of my favorite movie characters in my last post, then this thread popped back up. So here's a few from The Green Machine, and it's (fictional) chief prophet, Senior Gunnery Sargent Hartman!

"You had best un-**** yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!"
"Well thank you very much, can I be in charge for a while?"
"What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?"
"It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress."

Carry on, Gunny!

My favorite...

"You're not even human (expletive deleted) beings, you're disorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian (expletive deleted)."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav