Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

"If anything should happen to you I don't know what I would do. I'd probably move on and get another replica but there would be a ten minute period there where I'd just be inconsolable."
...Dr Evil, The Spy Who Shagged Me

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
"I see all this potential, and I see squandered. ******** it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

Both: Tyler Durden Fight Club

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Daniel Jenkins, examining hand grenade: Oh my God! This is real!

Dennis Hopper: Sooner or later everything is, Crazy Boy.

(From OC and Stiggs, during the fire fight in Schwab's bomb shelter)

cw3pa

A-List Customer
From "Six Days and Seven Nights". Harrison Ford & Anne Heche.

Robin Monroe: I am so scared.
Quinn Harris: If it makes you feel any better, I'm a little scared myself.
Robin Monroe: Uh, no. No, that does not make me feel better.
Quinn Harris: I thought that's what women wanted.
Robin Monroe: What?
Quinn Harris: Men who weren't afraid to cry, who were in touch with their feminine side.
Robin Monroe: No, not when they're being chased by pirates, they like 'em mean and armed!

A Bomber General

New in Town
"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade in The Maltese Falcon, 1941.

"And I want you to paint this name on the nose of your ship: Leper Colony. Because in it you're gonna get every deadbeat in the outfit. Every man with a penchant for head colds. If there's a bombardier who can't hit his plate with his fork, you get him. If there's a navigator who can't find the men's room, you get him. Because you rate him. " Gregory Peck as Brig. Gen. Frank Savage in Twelve O'Clock High, 1949

"She was a charming middle-aged lady with a face like a bucket of mud. I gave her a drink. She was a gal who'd take a drink, if she had to knock you down to get the bottle. " Dick Powell as Philip Marlowe in Murder, My Sweet, 1944

"When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated. "
"It reminds me of the heady days of Sputnik and Yuri Gagarin when the world trembled at the sound of our rockets. Now they will tremble again - at the sound of our silence. " Sean Connery as Capt. Marko Ramius in Hunt for Red October, 1990.

"But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. " Sterling Hayden as Gen. Jack Ripper in Dr. Strangelove, 1964

"Stay on the bomb run, boys! I'm gonna get them doors open if it harelips ever'body on Bear Creek! " Slim Pickens as Major Kong in Dr. Strangelove, 1964

Step Brothers

Nancy (Mary Steenburgen): Today I saw my own son use a bicycle as a weapon. You yelled "rape" at the top of your lungs.
Brennan (Will Ferrell): Mom, I honestly thought I was going to be raped for a second. He had the craziest look in his eyes and at one point he said, 'Let's get it on!"
Dale (John C. Reilly): That was about the fighting, I am so not a raper!
Brennan: Look, I didn't touch your drum set, okay!
Dale: I witnessed with my eyes your testicles touching my drum set!

step_brothers_movie_image_will_ferrell_and_john_c._reilly__2__.jpeg

Last edited:

cchgn

One of the Regulars
From 'Once upon A Time in the West', Henry Fonda tells one of his dim-witted minions exactly how he feels about his trustworthiness...

"How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders...he cant even trust his own pants".

Different context, different meaning:
Back when engineers were (almost) all male, saying someone was a "belt and suspenders sort of guy" meant that he took care to be very sure of things, covered all the bases, took all negative possibilities into consideration, and thus was a most trustworthy sort...

IMO, I believe the belt and suspender is about redundancy......screw AND glue; Home security alarm AND cameras AND a dog, etc

cchgn

One of the Regulars
John Wayne: "Somebody needs to hit him, but I won't,,,I won't,,,,the hell I won't." "I hate ambiguity" "Fill yer hands, ya somes a bitches!"

Scarlett O'Hara: "I swear by God I will never be hungry again!"
Brett Butler: "Frankly my Dear, I don't give damn."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav