Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Carbon On The Valves

From the movie A New Leaf staring Walter Mathau. When ever something was having problems, from a Ferrari, to a P-51 Mustang, even a race horse, some one would say, it's "carbon on the valves!"

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
From the movie A New Leaf staring Walter Mathau. When ever something was having problems, from a Ferrari, to a P-51 Mustang, even a race horse, some one would say, it's "carbon on the valves!"

Isn't is usually?

If I had a nickle for every time I've scraped the carbon and ground the valves in the Ford...

Nobert

Practically Family
Groucho, after breaking into the Captain's cabin on a ship with Chico, dons the Captain's cap and gets on the phone.

Groucho: Say, send up the Captain's lunch, will you?
Chico: Hey, I'm-a hongry too.
Groucho: All right, send up the Captain's dinner while you're at it. Who am I? (Takes off the cap and inspects the front of it) I'm the Captain, that's who. (Taps his cigar ash into the mouthpiece and hangs up).

Peter O'Toole RIP

"How dare you yell cut on my set!"

stuntman.jpg

"In twenty-two seconds I can break your (expletive deleted) spine. In twenty-two seconds I can pinch your head off like a (expletive deleted) insect and spill it all over the (expletive deleted) pavement. In twenty-two seconds I can put twenty-two bullets into your ridiculous gut. But I seem unable to do in twenty-two seconds is to keep you from (expletive deleted) up my film!"

...Eli Cross (Peter O'Toole), The Stunt Man (1980)

hatguy1

One Too Many
Here's a good one from the William Holden movie Stalag 13: (Holden played Seftin)

Price: Are you questioning me?

Sefton: Getting acquainted. I'd like to make one friend in this barracks.

Price: Well, don't bother, Sefton. I don't like you, I never did, and I never will.

Sefton: A lot of people say that, and the first thing you know it, they get married, and live happily ever after.

And who can forget these from the Christmas classic "White Christmas?"

Phil Davis: My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting, whatever it is you've got left.

Bob Wallace: When I figure out what that means I'll come up with a crushing reply.

AND...

Phil Davis: How can a guy THAT ugly have the nerve to have sisters?

Bob Wallace: Very brave parents, I guess.

Last edited:

Otter

One Too Many
Deserves a mention, especialy the Cohen Bros version, beautifuly filmed.

[Rooster confronts the four outlaws across the field]

Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?

Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a biatch! (edited)

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"There comes a time in a man's life thief.... when jewels cease to sparkle, when gold loses it's lusture and the throne room becomes a prison. And all that's left is the love of a father for his child."

King Osric The Usurper - "Conan The Barbarian"

skydog757

A-List Customer
Conan the Barbarian, when asked what the best things in life are:

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Conan the Barbarian, when asked what the best things in life are:

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

LOL! I love that film but I can't see that scene without wanting to snicker or laugh out loud! My god what an accent! You could cut it with a chainsaw... and over the years it ain't got much better!!!!

Worf

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I want to tell you why i came."

"Whatever it is, it’ll look better through the bottom of this glass."

Sirocco, 1951 (with Bogart)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
These books must be burnt. Very well, then, we must burn them. We can’t resist, physically. But morally, within us, we CAN resist. We contain those books. We contain truth, and they can’t destroy truth, without destroying each and every one of us. We can keep the truth alive, if the children believe in us and follow our example. Children like to follow a leader, and we have two kinds of leaders today. We seem weak. We have no weapons. We don’t march, except to air raid shelters. And our heroes are called criminals, and shot against walls. The other leaders have guns, tanks, parades, uniforms, they teach violence, self love, vanity, everything that appeals to the unformed minds of children...and their criminals are called heroes.

from This Land is Mine, 1943

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo