Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favourite smell

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
When I only had one week a year for myself, and I used it to head to the Maine northwoods a couple weeks after ice-out to chase landlocked salmon and brook trout with a fly rod in a grand laker canoe, from a sporting camp built in the 20's you couldn't get into unless you knew someone (not prestigious; just serious fishermen), with the names of deceased members of the Bean family carved into shingles mounted on the walls to record big fish caught in bygone days, it's the morning smells drifting into the open window when I woke up that I miss:

wood smoke, bacon, coffee, bread already baking for dinner, eggs frying, and outboard fumes from the guys who went out at 4:00 and are coming back for breakfast. All mixed and tumbled like beef and carrots and onions in a stew. The smell of any of them can send me instantly back to a morning long lost, but never forgotten, with friends I haven't seen in a decade or more, to a day that began with the realization that I had nothing more important to think about than which fly to tie on first.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Great question!

Cinnamon
Coffee
Mint
Clean sheets/linens
Bacon
Violets
Lilacs
Freesia
Baked bread
Books, always have to sniff them!

hmm....sure there's more! And now I want some bacon!

CopperNY

A-List Customer
Bay Rum
baking bread, pies, etc.
gasoline
gun oil

and it will sound strange, but growing up in farm country the smell of manure (from the pile mixed with dark soil) is comforting when i drive by a freshly spread field.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
CopperNY said:
Bay Rum
baking bread, pies, etc.
gasoline
gun oil

and it will sound strange, but growing up in farm country the smell of manure (from the pile mixed with dark soil) is comforting when i drive by a freshly spread field.

oooh pies indeed!
X
BD

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
That of the first book I owned, the one I began to read with, "Grimm´s tale treasure"... freshly baked bread... and maybe recently opened magic booster packs (oh to be young....[huh] )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace