Your message to makers...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Jul 23, 2021.

1. jglf

jglf One of the Regulars

Yup..this is the worst. I’m kind of in a similar situation waiting for my flame panda boots. Sent an email a month after I was told he started working on them, then it took him another month to email me that he forgot to ship them. That was over a month ago. Was initially told 4 months now I’m on month 8 with the shoes being completed for over 2 months and still no shipping info.

Jin431 likes this.
  2. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

I ordered my FP monkey boots 6 months ago (quoted for 6 months production time) and he hasn't even started making it too. Hope you get your boots soon.

3. jglf

jglf One of the Regulars

I didn’t mind the few extra months it took to make them as I realize delays happen. My Wesco order is being pushed back a few months too. The only annoying part is that they’ve been completed for over 2 months and I’m still waiting for a response with a tracking number and confirmation that they’ve been shipped. Hope yours aren’t delayed too long.

Jin431 likes this.
  4. ton312

ton312

I see your point but have found the opposite to be true. The Windward and Original Wayfarer I have are just literal leaps and bounds above what Aero or any other repop maker can achieve. JL, 5 Star, etc won’t be able to even come close. It’s a tad ironic that when I started buying jackets it was in the vintage market (they just looked so much cooler). Took a number of years and dollars to figure out they actually are. I don’t see myself going back. I’ll wait for the vintage gems. It’s not a sprint in the way you can buy new. It’s a slower, deeply more satisfying experience IMHO. My repro buying days are over.

But to the actual question at hand, I don’t think these companies would be all that warm to a wants list from forum members and I can’t say I blame them. There are companies here that will let you steer the ship from harbor to sea…of course it might sink. I’ve sunk a few:D

5. Coriu

Coriu Practically Family

I would think that the average buyer of a Schott or Vanson is more of an average Joe...not nearly as sophisticated as those on TFL. In that sense, I would think the class of customer represented here would have limited leverage in getting those outfits to change their ways. Although Langlitz has elite pricing, their lack of sophistication on some fronts would lead me to believe they are not targeting this crowd.

6. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

That's really unfortunate in your case, I hope he can safely ship them out to you soon or atleast keep you posted about what's the issue with local restrictions and such. I hope so too, the only good thing that came with this delay is I was able upgrade the leather to a black shinki horsebutt, a Leathers that he did not offer before

7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I wish I could find the vintage jacket I crave...my next one just doesn’t seem to exist, so I’m patiently waiting for my turn with JC. I’ve had a great experience with him creating the Imperial, so my expectations are pretty high for creation #2. I really don’t mind the long wait, I’ve had a lot of fun during this time.

Monitor, ton312 and navetsea like this.
  8. Coriu

Coriu Practically Family

Words of WISDOM. It's not a race. Some folks me remind of a guy I fish with. Instead of enjoying the moment, he is always plotting the next great fishing trip. Since I normally buy used, I could go months without finding something. But when I do, it's deeply satisfying.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Monitor and ton312 like this.
  9. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

This is exactly why I won’t jump into the order via email/social media no website overseas market for anything.

JMax, Monitor and Pandemic like this.
  10. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

No kidding. I get that they are busy. But damn. If I handled comms like that being fired would be the least of my worries.

Pandemic likes this.