Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most non-vintage preference or attributes ...

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Come on guys, let's be sweet to each other.

Ella: never liked her voice much. Perfect pitch and stunning phrasing, but no emotion. I'm a Billie man.

Edward: man, I'd love to get some bondage pants again (and my wife would LOVE IT if I would) but the last ones I had were in 1987. With the spiky hair and the Doc Martens I was the cat's pajamas. I was jailbait and the older punk girls would ruffle my hair at the Anti-Club in L.A. and it was just a grand old time.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Doran said:
Edward: man, I'd love to get some bondage pants again (and my wife would LOVE IT if I would) but the last ones I had were in 1987. With the spiky hair and the Doc Martens I was the cat's pajamas. I was jailbait and the older punk girls would ruffle my hair at the Anti-Club in L.A. and it was just a grand old time.

I like Ella. I like Billie better, but I like Ella

for some reason Doran, I just can't picture you in that scene....I'm a tryin'....but I just can't quite picture it....:rolleyes:

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
I like Ella. I like Billie better, but I like Ella

for some reason Doran, I just can't picture you in that scene....I'm a tryin'....but I just can't quite picture it....:rolleyes:

Well if you keep twisting my arm like that, I'll have to post photos

Ouch -- my arm

Warden

One Too Many
I've done re-enactment weekends when you have to use 100% period items, well I cheated.

Although toothpaste was around in the 1940s it was a luxury for UK working families due to shortages etc. So it's not allowed on these re-enactment weekends. So while my fellow re-eactors used salt water to clean thier teeth, I went for a wander and whipped out the colgate when no one was looking.

I felt like that South African chappie going off for a wander with his backpack in the film 'Ice cold in Alex'.

As for binning the TV, I wish I had the strength to do this. I blew ours up last year and it took 5 weeks for me to get it working again. In the end I could take or leave TV and I got a lot of jobs done around the house. Then it was repaired and I was hooked again on Scooby Doo.

Harry

Feathers

Familiar Face
I suppose the fact that I'm veggie sets me apart as well...

I'm a Holiday-er myself - Ella is great for those days that you really don't need to dive deep into emotion-land. (Say for studying, etc?)
Though my grandfather's idol is Sinatra, I really don't like him a whole lot. Like we've all been saying: no emotion. Very blah.
As far as the rockabilly gals - I agree that it does get out of hand. Always, always a billion tattoos, and Flash at that. Boooooring. Deja vu, etc. :deadhorse
My fiance and I are the only-the-lonlies as far as the love of 20s/30s vintage goes. We are working to find others in our huge city.
And transportation? My bike will do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred