Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Opinion on Aero Battered Horsehide

zebedee

One Too Many
If you're in any doubt about the battered hides, go for the tumbled ones. The battered hides change colour and acquire (even more of) a worn look quickly, much more quickly than the standard horse hides. Personally, I really like the battered seal and the battered tan, but people will presume that you've owned the jacket for ten years after about ten months of wear. The top coat looks less even across the hide, variation is evident out of the box, and it's about as 'crinkled' as the tumbled hides, if not more. Definitely ask for a sample. Below is a pic of the battered tan CR I used to have, and there's a pic of the battered seal below that. The only issue with the tan is that it can get a bit grubby and water stains show on it. Nothing that a wipe down won't sort.

Photo on 11-02-2016 at 13.49.jpg
218702-650bb7dae6165b49f38454aa35e8dacd.jpg

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The Vicenza hide looks battered enough to my eye. I have a Vic half-belt and within a season it has become sufficiently scratched and scuffed looking to suggest a few years of wear. The battered stuff (in the photos anyway) seems to look a bit like pre-distressed hide as per Avirex 'adventurer' A2's from the 1980's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points