Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your opinion: What Ribbon on my VS?...

Ribbon for my VS hat

• Total voters

buler

I'll Lock Up
This was done in the early 1900's Flute but mainly for Boaters so that the client could change ribbons at will. The bow was pre made with hooks on the single end and hooks at the end of the ribbon ( does that make sense?) . At any rate, I actually have some here somewhere that are original. Perhaps the time has come to revive the idea?

hmm, I don't remember that thread Buler. This was almost exactly like what was done in the past but with penetrating hooks, like a pugaree.

My description and pictures were not very good. But I was going for a "bra-style" connection. Not sure what my inspiration was.... ;)

B

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Ale, as much as I am impressed with your ribbon work, I would have to give the nod to the Silverbelly/Lavender combination. I would prefer a slightly lighter colored shade of Lavender even more, but I think that, without a bound edge providing some visual contrast to this lighter-colored felt, a bolder ribbon works better, at least to my eyes. :yo:

MrEllis

New in Town
Thanks for your opinion, much appreciated. I think my issue is exactly that: it stands out too much... But I'm still considering it...

Personally, I love a contrast. But you have to go with what you are comfortable with. If the ribbon makes you feel uncomfortable, then what's the point? Go with makes you feel good and confident :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran