Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your opinion: What Ribbon on my VS?...

Ribbon for my VS hat

• Total voters

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to hear your opinion. PLEASE CAST YOUR VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE! Which ribbon color do you guys like more on my VS?

Art's original Gray/lavender:

40-1.jpg

The one I made Gray/Silver:

40-1.jpg

Last edited:

Herzen

One of the Regulars
I agree with the others who have stated that both are very nice, but I have to vote for the lavender. I like the color, but also the contrast it gives...

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
well... I"m with the lavender folks, as you know, but you truly did an exceptional job with the silver, and if you think you'll wear it more that way, then leave it on!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Very difficult question. Both certainly do work.
The lavender as you said is more lavender in reality than as we see it in this frame. If it was more like on the monitor, I would like it very much. Since that is not so, I'm not sure. Could be too much lavender indeed for the combo. lol
The silver ribbon works very well if one can handle low-contrast ribbons, which IMHO you can. Seems to me this color is the perfect balance between the warm and the cool side of the spectrum. Silverbelly is very becoming indeed, to any complexion I guess.

In other words, whatever you decide, make that move with pride ;)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Ah yes, I forgot.
Personally, I would go for the silver ribbon.
The low contrast works with the silverbelly, and that is rather exceptional for such a light color. I wouldn't wear the other off-whites with a low-contrast ribbon, so if I decided to go for one, I would use silverbelly instead of silvermist or mojave.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Very difficult question. Both certainly do work.
The lavender as you said is more lavender in reality than as we see it in this frame. If it was more like on the monitor, I would like it very much. Since that is not so, I'm not sure. Could be too much lavender indeed for the combo.

You're right, Rabbit. Sometimes when the sun hits it, it looks just lavender and not gray. That's the part I dislike about it.

Thanks guys for your appreciation of my bow but I have to confess that it's not that I have natural talent for sewing of hat making/blocking: I've apprenticed with a hatter here in NYC :) (still do from time to time)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic