Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zipper damaging leather.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Had this same problem on a Zip that was incorectly installed doing the same thing wearing out the inside pannels..Bah.

I replaced it by hand, only the Damage has already been done before I owned the Jacket. pooh.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Just thought i would mention that the jacket was remade and is now perfect.

There was a misunderstanding regarding the windflap, so when the replacement arrived it had the wrong windflap, but they told me to send it back and replaced it.
I am now as happy as i could.

Just in case, the original jacket is now in their sales page, to be honest it is a pretty good deal, i would have probably kept it for that price had they not offered me a remake.

http://www.alexanderleathers.com/sale/cafe-racer-fq-black-675.html

andywuzc

New in Town
Hi Carlos840

I have just registered here and saw your post. I think I have bought your original jacket from AL sale section. Was it 450 pounds?
After seeing your pictures, I am worried now because from AL website it says there is some dents on the inner side but from your pictures, it looks serious and massif.
Also the arm length is also my concern. It is stated that the arm length is 27.5''. I should be buying 26'' or 26.5'' max.
I own an Aero half belt 1950' with size 40 and arm length 26'' but found a bit short when i raise my arm forward and even shorter upward.

IMG_2145_zps6ddd07ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2146_zps9ad3fd21.jpg

Originally, I was planning to buy this one
http://www.alexanderleathers.com/sale/roadster-horween-brown.html
This jacket has a better fit for arm and back but the color and style are similar to my Aero jacket.
Ultimately I decided to chose cafe racer.

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hi Andy,

If it had a red lining and cost £450 then it was mine!

I don't mean to worry you, but i can't help but think that the jacket might be big for you!
I am 6'2, 180lbs and very athletic, and the jacket was widened at the shoulders and tapered at the waist to fit me, i am very V shaped.
Considering your Aero is a size 40 and is a half belt, that has narrow shoulders, i would think that this particular jacket would be to wide at the shoulders for you.

Saying that, fit is personal, so you might like it.

Regarding the damage, it's really not huge, and like i said, had they offered me to keep it for a discounted price i might have chosen to keep it.
The IH jacket it was inspired by cost £780! (http://www.ironheart.co.uk/jackets/ihal-01.html)

I am pretty OCD, so it annoyed me, but it is not really noticeable unless you go looking for it.

Please keep me updated.

andywuzc

New in Town
Hi Andy,

If it had a red lining and cost £450 then it was mine!

I don't mean to worry you, but i can't help but think that the jacket might be big for you!
I am 6'2, 180lbs and very athletic, and the jacket was widened at the shoulders and tapered at the waist to fit me, i am very V shaped.
Considering your Aero is a size 40 and is a half belt, that has narrow shoulders, i would think that this particular jacket would be to wide at the shoulders for you.

Saying that, fit is personal, so you might like it.

Regarding the damage, it's really not huge, and like i said, had they offered me to keep it for a discounted price i might have chosen to keep it.
The IH jacket it was inspired by cost £780! (http://www.ironheart.co.uk/jackets/ihal-01.html)

I am pretty OCD, so it annoyed me, but it is not really noticeable unless you go looking for it.

Please keep me updated.

Hi Carlos

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
Exactly, the lining is red and it is your customized jacket.
I am 6' and 190 lbs (got a bit fat over the years). I just ordered 2 days ago and told them to wait for the shipping as I am going on holiday and will be back on the 4th Jan. I will see how your shoulder measurement fit mine but I am more concerned about arm length.
Anyway, I can return it if really I does not fit.
Once I get the item, I will post some photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points