Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10 Most Stylish Men In America

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Numbers 3 and 4, yes. The rest of them-meh. And I used to work for/with number 6 Sid Mashburn, and his daily "look" was a source of derision around the office. As I recall he had a fondness for the type of bandana most often seen around the necks of golden retrievers.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BruceTracy said:
I think Balazs is nicely turned out.
Those trousers! :eek:

Have they discovered a process for spray painting wool?

00004f.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Fletch said:
He looks like an English major who made good.

Note: I am an English major, so whatever you were about to say, just shut up.

Hmmmm, I was thinking more along the lines of a light colonel...very light!

Obscure bad joke from a history majorlol

HungaryTom said:
And it's official!

See:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34141
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=33204

The Fawcett hat was great...Congrats to Mr. Rover:eusa_clap

I can't tell whether this is a comedy or a tragedy. Whether to laugh at the sheer audacity or weep at such a miscarriage of justice.

Did I hear it right that the prize was $10,000 in clothing PICKED by Esquire fashion experts? If so, what a prize. sarcasm.

A few things. I think Mike in Seattle summed up the competition best with this post.

"Ray got robbed. Plain and simple.

This was a contest about the best dressed men in America. In my opinion, jeans immediately knocks anyone out of a contest on dressing well. It's a tired look, it's in no way "well dressed" and it's casually dressed at best.

But take a look at Nick Sullivan, the fashion editor from Esquire, who was in charge of the contest. The shirt collar doesn't fit or he's left it unbuttoned, the tie's loosely tied, and he's not shaved for a few days. And this is the one who decides what's stylish, what's in fashion, as far as Esquire is concerned?

Oh, just a minute - 1980's calling - they want the stubble look back...

The first one out, who'd recently lost 130 lbs. (And bravo on that accomplishment!) Does it look like that jacket's too small to anyone else? He's got one button butoned and the coat's too tight to button the second one. It's a bland outfit at best.

Next up - sneakers with a SUIT? It's a completely stupid look. No laces? Is this a sign that he's unable to tie them, or that they were taken away in a recent jail stay for fear he'd hang himself?

What next? Flannel pajama tops with tuxedo trousers?"

HungaryTom

One Too Many
"Ray got robbed. Plain and simple."

I see it this way: Rover -emulating the style of the Goden Era and kind of representing the FLounge at this competition STILL got selected and was among the finalists "even" by ESQUIRE fashion police.

Which says that the 1930-1940s Classic style is still considered in high regards. It is all natural that ESQUIRE will choose what they define as 'modern' but still.

Also the fact that Hollywood movies (Godfather, Untouchables, English patient, Aviator, Dillinger etc.) get popular also because of these period accurate costumes says that we are on the right track.

Not that I need the confirmation of Esquire and Hollywood about what is Classic and stylish or not.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Carlisle Blues said:
Will someone please help this poor man and give him a home shakeshead
If a guy can afford to wear a $5k suit he can make his own living arrangements.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy