Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s-30s long drape collars - post your pics and help with terminology

Kostya

Familiar Face
Can someone clue me in on the correct way to describe the narrow, long pointy collars of the 1920-30s with a very narrow spread? I'm not sure if "spearpoint" is exactly accurate for the style i'm interested in. If you take a look at this picture of a 1930s era workwear shirt, you'll notice that the middle (inside) edge of the collar is fairly straight, not curved. I could be wrong but "spearpoint" collars have a curve to them, is that right?

Anyway, I'd like for some of you gents to post some pics and help me sort these out.

wardcham3.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the part in the middle is straight on spearpoint collars too. I have only seen very few (european) shirts that have a curve on the inside too or a rather organic shape altogether... I call it a teardrop shape. (Not an official name.)

When you oder a spearpoint collar from luxire, darcy or vecona you will get a shape similar to the one in the picture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran