Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920s dress boots

DFEC9666-B720-44D1-BDFF-7519E721D789.jpeg
I apologise if this has been discussed here before. I am looking for a pair of 1920s style boots that can be worn with a three piece suit but are not too fancy. In my head they will be sturdy and well made, but without being bulky work boots either. Ideally the sort of thing you see on “Peaky Blinders”. Can anyone help?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
View attachment 104983 I apologise if this has been discussed here before. I am looking for a pair of 1920s style boots that can be worn with a three piece suit but are not too fancy. In my head they will be sturdy and well made, but without being bulky work boots either. Ideally the sort of thing you see on “Peaky Blinders”. Can anyone help?
What is your size you need?

Thank you for your answer. The ad was in fact taken from the aero website since it was the closest thing I found to what I’m looking for. Especially the rather rounded toe box give them a bit of a rustic feel without being work boots.
However sadly the overall cut is not made for my foot so the search continues. The Loake boots sure look nice, but again are too pointy for my taste. The Lennon’s offer quite the look but seem too bulky for what I have in mind
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2235
The exact same advertisement has been used by aero. I own a jarrow marchers model, well made but the toes are too rounded for my taste. You can also look at Loake's Hyde and William Lennon, the Lennons are rather work boots though.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
In Redwing and Wolverine I wear a US9, dress shoes tend to fit in a European 42...
O.K. as I cruise on the internet if I see anything in super good condition, (hopeful something never worn yet) I will sure keep you in mind. In the past I have had some boots exactly like what you are looking for, they do surface once in a while and perhaps I can help find you something very suitable and with a reasonable price. My Husband wears a size 11 US and sadly we have nothing in your size floating around here.

O.K. as I cruise on the internet if I see anything in super good condition, (hopeful something never worn yet) I will sure keep you in mind. In the past I have had some boots exactly like what you are looking for, they do surface once in a while and perhaps I can help find you something very suitable and with a reasonable price. My Husband wears a size 11 US and sadly we have nothing in your size floating around here.
Thank you very much indeed. Your efforts are much appreciated

Claudio

Vendor
lombardia1detail.jpg
lombardia1detail3.jpg

.... maybe these? A bit more of a flair to them mind ... However personally would suggest the aero ones as I think those are the ones that I am assuming you have in mind (and also considering the German weather you will need goodyear welts

View attachment 105022 View attachment 105024

.... maybe these? A bit more of a flair to them mind ... However personally would suggest the aero ones as I think those are the ones that I am assuming you have in mind (and also considering the German weather you will need goodyear welts
Thanks for the tip. I like the look. But you’re quite right I will need a sturdy construction for the weather over here ;-)
Basically a work boot but made slimmer and thinner with town being it’s designated playing field rather than a construction site

Wuj

New in Town
Wuj seems to not want to share his source with us ;-)
These ones here I find are pretty close to what I’m looking for as far as aesthetics go. But for 135 bucks the quality can only be poor...
http://www.stacyadams.com/shop/style/00015-01.html
It’s just the time difference;)
These are Vass from Budapest. You can find some on their e-shop on Ebay (ascotshoes). They are not cheap, but top-level.
If You are looking for some cheaper option, try Meermin. For 220 eur they offer very good boots.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
It’s just the time difference;)
These are Vass from Budapest. You can find some on their e-shop on Ebay (ascotshoes). They are not cheap, but top-level.
If You are looking for some cheaper option, try Meermin. For 220 eur they offer very good boots.

Have you tried the Meermins? I was really tempted to get a pair of their boots but I finally went for Loake's.

Wuj seems to not want to share his source with us ;-)
These ones here I find are pretty close to what I’m looking for as far as aesthetics go. But for 135 bucks the quality can only be poor...
http://www.stacyadams.com/shop/style/00015-01.html
these ones remind me a lot of wolverine 1000's, did you check them out?

these ones remind me a lot of wolverine 1000's, did you check them out?
I have a pair and they are the closest thing I found so far. Would love them a spot more elegant and slightly higher though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner