Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1920's Radio Network

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Someone on the simpleliving.net forum shared this link:

http://www.the1920snetwork.com/

It's an online vintage radio station. I haven't had a chance to explore it yet, but had never seen it listed here at the lounge. Has anyone else come across this, and what do you think? I usually listen to various vintage stations via live365 (such as Cladrite) but some of them are VIP only, requiring a yearly subscription to live365. Free is always good in my book.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I usually listen to various vintage stations via live365 (such as Cladrite) but some of them are VIP only, requiring a yearly subscription to live365. Free is always good in my book.

Thanks for listening, Gingerella! Just to make sure it's clear to others reading this, Cladrite Radio is not VIP only. Anyone and everyone can listen for free.

Thanks for the link-- I'll make it a point to give the 1920s Network a listen soon.

wahine

Practically Family
Since I found it quite some time ago, I listen to the 1920s radio network almost all the time, it's wonderful.
Great choice of songs, no annoying blah blah hosts - just simple good ole music (lot's of big band, swing, jazz, but also a bit of later pop music)
I stumbled upon quite a few marvelous musicians I wouldn't have ever learned about without the radio station.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Since posting this morning I've been listening and am quite impressed. They have a few different listening streams to choose from, one of which seems to be old radio programs (cool). They also have some scheduled programming with a live host, which is also neat.

Not to take away from Cladrite, of course! ;) I will say the live365 stations are more user-friendly, but it's nice to have some variety of places to get my fill of golden area radio!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I clicked on the different stream buttons it was prompting me to download something, so I backed out. Is that a player? Is there just a pop up player I should be looking for?

Last edited:

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
They suggest using WinAmp to listen to the streams, which can be downloaded from the site for free. But I've had the best luck clicking on the Windows Media Server link which goes to the WHRO host site and listening to it there, no download needed.

Al Stephenson

New in Town
Thanks Gingerella for the info! I already listen to Cladrite Radio (and love it), but now I find myself in a dilemma, I want to listen to both stations at the same time. They both offer some great listening pleasure.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters