Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930s/40s pleated, half-belted, action back jacket

Well, it's with great reluctance that I sell this as I really, really, like it. But it doesn't fit me, and i've onlyworn it once in the 1.5 years i've owned it. An amazing jacket, fits as approx 36R-L (look out later this evening for complete measurements. I'll also try to give you a better picture of the fabric, as it's quite special. single breasted notch lapel with quite a high 2-button closure - my favourite!

I'll need £75 for this jacket. paypal preferred for non-UK buyer, personal cheque or cash (and a pint if you're in London) preferred for UK buyers. It has one very small moth hole next to the centre seam about halfway up the back. It is not noticeable but I'll try to get a pic of it as well. It's one of those that you need to hold it up to the light to see the light shining through the damaged area.

BeltBackJune2010-1.jpg

As most of you would be able to tell from the front, it is a belted back.

BeltBackJune2010-2.jpg

Action back.

BeltBackJune2010-3.jpg

back is constructed of 2 pieces, like a normal suit jacket, but with pleats over which the belt is stitched. Different from many other belt backs i've seen where the skirt panel is a completely different panel from the rest of the rear. There are no vents to the rear skirt.

BeltBackJune2010-4.jpg

Detail of the belt and pleat construction.

BeltBackJune2010-5.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael