Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's German Shearling Short Jacket

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Hello,

Here my recent find - a killer 1930's German Shearling jacket.

Three flap pockets, bowled buttons, adjuster straps on waist and sleeves, straight back yoke.

Fits like a glove and no odor to boot. :)

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

led3.jpg

led4.jpg

led5.jpg

By the way: anyone got a clue on the numbers of the label? It fits a size US 38-40 (EU 48-50)...

Best Regards

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Very nice looking jacket with clean lines. Be sure to show us pictures of your wearing the jacket. I wish that I could wear a shearling in Texas but just too warm here and just recently gave away one that had been sitting in my closet for years that had been unworn.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys!
With the recent snowfalls around here, this will come in handy already this winter.

Has someone a suggestion how one could gently "sanitize" a bit the "grease" on the collar?
Nothing against the genuine patina, but I don't want the lardy leather necessarily rubbing on my neck (though wearing a scarf would prevent this).
I figure I can't go wrong with some sponging using mild dish-soap with a little sprinkle of lighter fuel?

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Yes - if I angle my arms awkwardly. :D
For warmth I have my gloves, the pockets I'll only use for transporting small light-weight things.
I also don't want to overuse the flaps or accidentally create stretch and tears by pushing in my fists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy