Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1933 french THIERY catalog, fashion for spring and summer

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I asked a friend to lend me his vintage cataloges. I will scan some of them. Here is the first one. It's french and from the early thirties. Enjoy!

thierycatalog1933002.jpg

thierycatalog1933003.jpg

thierycatalog1933004.jpg

thierycatalog1933005.jpg

thierycatalog1933006.jpg

thierycatalog1933007.jpg

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Merci Floey, I particularly enjoyed the plus fours suits (pantalons et costumes de golf) and the shirt styles.

Flat Foot Floey

you are welcome. I like the idea to "save the spirit of the fedora lounge" by posting more pictures and deliver more detailed knowledge- But I don't own much vintage clothes so catalog scans will have to do ;)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I feel the same, but similar to you my vintage collection is quite small so I posted photos and will take more, but its a pretty minor addition.

On another note, how did your research into apaches and French crime culture in the early 20th Century go? I had some fun last time I was in Paris visiting the Clemenceau museum not far from Tocadero and also I've been reading a pretty interesting book on late 19th Century anarchism in France, "The Dynamite Club". But I am getting off topic...

Flat Foot Floey

Yes and no. There are 2 books about this on my amazon wishlist but other things need to come first. I am also trying to get more french movies from the 1930s* but most of them are in french only (not even subtitles) and therefore I hesitate to buy them. I still love the look of the 1920s and 1930s paris in my 3 Brassai books more than the "Hollywood glamour" of the same time.

Benny Holiday

Thanks for reminding me so vividly that I definitely live in the wrong time period! ;) These are great scans, thank you so much for posting them! I had to tear my eyes away from those spear point collars, thank you Marc Chevalier for making those collars a reality again!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Merci beaucop, mon ami - those are some great scans!

But looking through those wonderful ads makes me wonder. All the illustrations are showing long and slender models (just like me) done up in the finest attire (which I strive for) but the trouble is: fine vintage attire for the long and slender is almost nowhere to be found, at least not in the world of today! [huh] ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy