Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1938 Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers Paper Dolls

Amapola

Familiar Face
My friend sent me these paper dolls from a movie made in 1942, "Honeymoon in Paris." The setting was 1938, and starred Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers. I thought it would be fun to share the images to give us inspiration in their attire.

Here is the cover:
Cary Ginger Honeymoon cover.jpg

And here are the dolls: (doesn't Cary look fine? :) )
Cary Ginger dolls.jpg

Amapola

Familiar Face
And, last one, a day of shopping.

I just realized these are all much larger than I had them sized--I had them set to 3 by 5 inches---sorry!!! If a moderator can pull these and resize them that would be great!

Gary Ginger Shopping.jpg

Amapola

Familiar Face
LizzieMaine said:
The sight of Cary Grant in a bathing suit really hits the spot right now -- makes a cold and rainy afternoon seem a whole lot warmer.........

*swoon*

My sentiments exactly! Nothing like Cary Grant to spice up a day! My favorite is "An Affair to Remember" with Deborah Kerr.

I just realized your quote under your posts is from that Irving Berlin song, "Let's Have Another Cup O' Coffee" from 1932. I was just looking at that song the other day to maybe do in a show. Ah, there's nothing like a slice of pie with a mug of joe. In fact, I find it difficult to enjoy a slice of pie at all if coffee is not included. :)

Lizzie from Maine, we have Cary Grant AND coffee and pie in common! :D

Etienne

A-List Customer
Cary Grant could have worn a potato sack and still would have looked incredible;) ;) ;) (except for his affinity for those dark black-rimmed glasses!) He was the MC at an event where my husband and some others were being honored and we have a family photo with him in it and he's wearing those black rims and they almost look comical! This was taken just a couple of years before his death so he was white haired and the contrast was rather, uh...startling! But he was still very graceful, debonnaire, and the epitome of a Golden Era gentleman.--Etienne

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We showed a retrospective of Cary Grant films at the theatre last summer, from "Bringing Up Baby" to "North to Northwest," and he seemed to have aged hardly a day between those films -- which were twenty years apart. I dont know what his "anti-aging secrets" were, but I wouldnt mind finding out!

Amapola -- the only thing better than Cary Grant, coffee, and pie is coffee and pie *with* Cary Grant. *swooning again*

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
LizzieMaine said:
Amapola -- the only thing better than Cary Grant, coffee, and pie is coffee and pie *with* Cary Grant. *swooning again*

And, of course, the only thing better than coffee and pie with Cary Grant is coffee brewed by, pie made by, and both enjoyed with...Cabinetman. Well, at least for Amapola.:coffee:

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I'm probably going to get clobbered for this comment but..Cary Grant is a hottie, but didn't quite 'do it' for me...Gregory Peck was who really made me swoon...to me, he's the ideal for the tall, dark and handsome :D
it seems any kind of dessert is best with coffee!

decodoll

Practically Family
This is great! I have to agree about the need for white linen trousers now! Anyone else think the artist made Ginger look like Carole Lombard, though?

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
*gasp*

I'm still getting over the fact that they put out such silly promotional material. Those paper dolls are wonderful, and as always, so is Mr. Grant. I'm currently reading his biography and apparently everyone has some affinity for the older Cary Grant. Personally, I prefer his younger days in Bringing Up Baby and His Girl Friday (especially His Girl Friday...Walter Burns, *sigh*) to his later films. The last one I found him explicitly attractive in was Monkey Business opposite Ginger Rogers (the opening scene right through to their letting the telephone ring is my favorite part). I loved him in North By Northwest but it's just not the same for me. Besides, he'd stopped doing that taken aback sort of wheeze with the rounded swoop backwards that I love to see him do when he's surprised. That long "Hmmmmmmm" as it were. Oh it was lovely, and the variations...

Well, I can go on forever and ever but I'd start to bore you all.:)

L_H

Amapola

Familiar Face
Lena_Horne said:
*gasp*

Besides, he'd stopped doing that taken aback sort of wheeze with the rounded swoop backwards that I love to see him do when he's surprised. That long "Hmmmmmmm" as it were. Oh it was lovely, and the variations...

Well, I can go on forever and ever but I'd start to bore you all.:)

L_H

LOL!!!! My husband does a Cary Grant impersonation every now and then to keep me going! He says Cary could say anything he wanted--it was just the way he said it! You know, sort of like Sean Connery.

I'm glad you are all enoying the paper dolls. I'm loving Ginger's suit with the cape and hat--adorable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner